TaylorMade RBZ damage - anyone seen anything like this?

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Just by way of an update, I took this to AG and the server remarked that he had seen this happen to quite a few TM clubs recently. One had actually smashed entirely.

Anyway, I'm without a 3W for between 7 and 10 days now. Yippee.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
J
Just by way of an update, I took this to AG and the server remarked that he had seen this happen to quite a few TM clubs recently. One had actually smashed entirely.

Anyway, I'm without a 3W for between 7 and 10 days now. Yippee.
Had a close look at my TM RBZ Stage 2 hybrids today, and they appear to be just fine. :)

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As I have stated on here before about AG and Tm clubs they don't add up in my head fully. I got a tm rbz driver and I think I 3 wood stage 1 tho were non adjustable. Got the phone number for TM at the time from golf store EUR and phoned TM with the model number and asked about non adjustable. Was informed that Tm EUR never made non adjustable rbz's and that the number was not coming up in there system.

Anyways turns out there was a non adjustable versions about in china or some where and that's were AG were buying them in fro!m not Tm Europe like the rest of uk retailers.

They likely do this to save x amount of pounds as I found out the local pro can pretty much sell tm drivers etc at same price as the likes of most retailers. (Note this is not just with tm most brands)

So anyways I lost all trust in At after this. I wouldn't buy from them again cause you don't know were the stuff is co!ing from. I know all gear comes from China but there might be different standards of testing etc for different markets.

I know so of you will think I am chatting crap tho that's my view! Have a stage 2 rbz tour now from almost day one of the rbz stage 2 and no problems at all

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
As I have stated on here before about AG and Tm clubs they don't add up in my head fully. I got a tm rbz driver and I think I 3 wood stage 1 tho were non adjustable. Got the phone number for TM at the time from golf store EUR and phoned TM with the model number and asked about non adjustable. Was informed that Tm EUR never made non adjustable rbz's and that the number was not coming up in there system.

Anyways turns out there was a non adjustable versions about in china or some where and that's were AG were buying them in fro!m not Tm Europe like the rest of uk retailers.

They likely do this to save x amount of pounds as I found out the local pro can pretty much sell tm drivers etc at same price as the likes of most retailers. (Note this is not just with tm most brands)

So anyways I lost all trust in At after this. I wouldn't buy from them again cause you don't know were the stuff is co!ing from. I know all gear comes from China but there might be different standards of testing etc for different markets.

I know so of you will think I am chatting crap tho that's my view! Have a stage 2 rbz tour now from almost day one of the rbz stage 2 and no problems at all

Credit where credit is due to AG though, they were very helpful with my return (and I always find staff who let slip how often a similar defect has arisen very helpful). I couldn't speak to the source of their equipment and, regrettably, this is the only club I have ever bought from them but my frustration at the moment is definitely with TaylorMade.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I got mine returned with full refund no issues. Even think they paid postage

If you can speak to Tm give them the serial number tho the will likely advise its not a Europe tm product. Maybe that doesn't matter but as I said enough to put me off Ag's tm gear and possibly everything else they sell

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
So, fair play to TM and AG, I had a catch-up with the guys yesterday and they've swapped this for a brand new AeroBurner 3-Wood. I guess that's about as good of a result as I could have hoped for!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Welcome to the club matey, as you'll see by my choice of "user name" it's something that I've experienced on "2 occasions" so far although never on a "3 wood" so you've been fast tracked to "elite member" of this prestigious club, I've managed to crease the face on 2 of my drivers and now I'm just waiting for the "3rd one" and when it finally happens then hopefully I'll be promoted to the rank of "elite face breaker" just like you !...:rofl:

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the club matey, as you'll see by my choice of "user name" it's something that I've experienced on "2 occasions" so far although never on a "3 wood" so you've been fast tracked to "elite member" of this prestigious club, I've managed to crease the face on 2 of my drivers and now I'm just waiting for the "3rd one" and when it finally happens then hopefully I'll be promoted to the rank of "elite face breaker" just like you !...:rofl:

:rofl:

I would have enjoyed knowing that the shot which did for my RBZ warranted the damage. I don't think I ever hit it well enough to earn my spot!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
:rofl:

I would have enjoyed knowing that the shot which did for my RBZ warranted the damage. I don't think I ever hit it well enough to earn my spot!

I make regular use of my "3/15* XCG" fairway wood as much as possible cos I can't afford to keep replacing my driver so it only comes out on special occasions (or if I'm feeling a little flush in the pocket) and if I connect well with the 3 wood it goes just as well as my driver anyway so I'm not losing out on distance, I'm just saving on my bank balance and in fact I find a good drive with the 3 wood is more satisfying if I'm honest, there's something about out gunning your mates off the tee with a 3 wood up against their drivers !...:thup:

ps, you need to find a wood with a more substantial head construction like my "XCG3/15" I might be wrong but I think it could well be solid !...

Last edited:

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
The 3W had, until its forced layoff, pushed the driver out of my bag. In the 3W's absence, however, I pulled out the driver and began connecting the best 270 yard plus drives that I have ever hit. Still, like you, love a good 3W shot.

Looking forward to seeing what the AeroBurner is about, heard some very positive things.