taylor made v macgregor

blowup

Hacker
Visit site
hello was wondering if anybody has played with the taylor made burner tour irons or the macgregor mactec nvg2 mid irons i play of 18 and am looking to get some new irons so any replies would be appreciated thankyou

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't say i know anything about the macgregor NVG2.

I have looked at the burner tours and the do look rather nice but i have not gone as far as hitting them.

From the TM blurb it says that the standard R7's are slightly more forgiving than the Tour Burners. Both sets look quite similar, so you may want to give the R7's a try.

Given you an extra option which does not really help you narrow it down. Sorry :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the R7's and have nothing but good things to say about them. Very forgiving and when you catch them they are very long too. I tried a set of MacGregors out at AG (not sure which model) but found the ball flight way too high for me

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Re: taylor made v macgregor

Hi There,

I have had loads of set of irons but never been as happy with a set as much as I am now. Got to say I have always gone for in vogue brands in the past ie last set were nike's always thought that Mac's had lost there way a touch however I can not rate my irons highly enough. The fact they saved me around £300 as well because at the time I was just about to buy the G10’s and I picked these up from Direct Golf for £150 I take it you have seen the Mac’s on offer there at the moment if not take a look.

I would have no problem recommending the Mac’s over the TM as I have had both in the past.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Re: taylor made v macgregor

I used to use MacGregor Irons and found they were great.

I have just switched to the TM Tour Burner irons and I'm really liking them. They are forgiving, but not so forgiving that you can't shape the ball.
My only complaint with them isn't a real complaint, but I get quite a high ball flight with them. This isn't too bad most of the time, but not much fun when its windy. Part of this could be me though as I've always had a relatively high flight anyway.

I would definately recommend them, but definately get them custom fit.