TAPER tech Shafts??

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been on the Affordable golf website and seen the Wilson Staff Dd6 driver for £100, However am unsure as to what shaft option i want Lite, Stiff or Regular, the shaft is a Aldila NVS-DL-65

I have Wilson staff 3 and 5 woods both with True Temper Taper tech steel shafts and love them more than i should admit, both have a R on the sticker does this mean that they are regular?

Do you think these are similar?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
The R sticker means regular...

The Aldila regular NVS on my Driver is the 55-R. The difference will be in the kick-point (actually not, just checked, they're both mid) or the weight, don't ask me what the playing difference is between a 57g and and 65g shaft....

You won't go far wrong with this shaft.....is the club well regarded?

Dave

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club seems to be ace, I'm a massive Wilson Staff fan so want to stay with what i like and get on with.
Trying to match up my whole set in an attempt to improve consistency in distance.

Gypsyrico

Visit site
I had a go with an Aldila NVS stiff shaft and it was like a fishing rod, it was that soft. (for me that is) That's why you just can't say regular or stiff etc, as each manufacturer can be so different.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just payed for it online! I got the stiff option so will hopefully give the same feel as my 5 and 3 wood.

Online golf shops are a nightmare when ive got some time to kill at work!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's why you just can't say regular or stiff etc, as each manufacturer can be so different.

Um, and what about the robots that hit the things? R is designed for regular swing speeds (75-95 mph approx.) by companies that spend millions on development. Just because it feels more whippy or whatever, doesn't mean it's wrong for you. So many players go for stiff 'cause it "feels better", but they are wasting their money. What would you rather, go on feel or on the science behind the shaft technology.

Dave

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The feel!
The same way you still have your Tommy Armour's and Callaway bb's - because you're not a robot. (Er you're not are you?)

Science gets you in the park - psychology says b****r the science!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont worry the roads and sky are safe, im a lecturer and often have a few hours between classes.
Will keep you updated with how I get on with the new club.