Tantrums on the course

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
A lob a day helps you work rest and de-stress!

I strongly disagree. We are all human and we all get annoyed with ourselves. I often cursed myself and got into a bad state of mind, and still do, but much less often. I try to train myself to laugh off the bad shot or ignore them completely as if nothing happened. It’s not easy and doesn’t always happen

But I do know if I’m mad and in a band state of mind, it will most definitely affect my next shot or shots
The professional sportsman whether a he’s goalkeeper or pro golfer forget their mistakes and get on with it, otherwise more mistakes will come. It’s called professionalism. Bad state of mind = bad game.

No one thinks you’re a tut tut when you duff a shot, but they do when you throw a tantrum

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm usually aware of my audience when getting vocal. I was out on my own yesterday, course was empty. Almost threw several of my clubs, but quit on the down swing... just like my duffed chips :D

Bumped into a lady on the 17th and played the last 2 with her, had to completey change my attitude and made two very tidy pars in her company.

Stressing out, stresses me out.

T

thecraw

155064_184901524859620_100000193206314_725162_1309294_n.jpg

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I used to play regular with a club chucker, doesnt matter what it is was, if he duffed something the club would often go further than the ball. At first I found it highly amusing, then I started to get emabarrased when other people would see it...in the end I stopped partnering him!