Tall Golfer Problems

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I’m a 6ft 5” Golfer who is struggling to find a 36 inside leg length golf trouser anywhere!

Are there any other tall fellas (or ladies for that matter) on here that struggle with finding golf gear to fit? Whether that be equipment or clothing?

Would massively appreciate being pointed in the direction of any sites that offer equipment for us beanpoles.

NoLayingUp

Visit site
some of the Ping trousers come in 35" inside leg, if thats not tall enough then Ralph Laurens big and tall go up to 38" inside leg I think

Thanks for the info, tried the PING website and no joy, sold out in every colour. As for the Ralph Lauren, they do the longer leg length but they’re equally as massive in the waste.

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I'm 6'5 too. Have just bought a couple of pairs of these from Function18. Quite a few colour choices. I go for the 34' leg.

https://www.function18.com/collecti...oy-fj-lightweight-slim-fit-chino-84485-maroon

Other than that, I'm a big fan of the £17.50 M&S chinos's .

Function 18 has been the only place I’ve managed to source any yet, great shout.

I’ve seen Next do some chinos (in various fits too, tapered, slim, relaxed etc) for £22. How do you find playing in cotton as opposed to the stretch comfort of golf trousers? One downpour and it’s a long soggy walk after that

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Under armour golf trousers come in 36 long on the underarmour website in a few different colours.

I managed to grab a pair off eBay last year, the one and only pair I own that actually fit and are brilliant for comfort. The only issue is they’re practically white and starting to show the scars around the bottom where muddy shoes stains just won’t come out anymore. I haven’t been able to find any since

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Do you need golf trousers? I have always worn chinos. Love the Fatface ones. Pick them up in their online sales for about £20.

Technically I suppose you don't, it's more of a comfort luxury I guess. I live in Yorkshire where it's prone to 4 seasons in a day at times, the breathability, stretch and quick drying fabric of golf trousers really helps if you get caught in a shower. When wearing chinos, once they're wet they take an age to dry and it makes it a long slog walking round with soggy trousers, especially f you get caught early on. In a game where the smallest of margins make the biggest difference, I'd like to be as comfortable as possible but totally understand it's personal preference.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you need golf trousers? I have always worn chinos. Love the Fatface ones. Pick them up in their online sales for about £20.
I find chinos are thicker material and have less stretch so less comfortable than golf trousers personally. I only have a couple of pairs as I usually wear shorts, but the Under Armour pair of golf trousers I have were well worth getting, the material is so light and comfortable.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I find chinos are thicker material and have less stretch so less comfortable than golf trousers personally. I only have a couple of pairs as I usually wear shorts, but the Under Armour pair of golf trousers I have were well worth getting, the material is so light and comfortable.

Maybe I should try a pair.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Function 18 has been the only place I’ve managed to source any yet, great shout.

I’ve seen Next do some chinos (in various fits too, tapered, slim, relaxed etc) for £22. How do you find playing in cotton as opposed to the stretch comfort of golf trousers? One downpour and it’s a long soggy walk after that

I'm 6"4 and have just bought the £22 Next trousers (this sounds like a confessional). Got the slim which was a bit of an error, they'll do for 'smart' days out and for when I lose two stone (so might never make it off the hanger). The leg length is good though

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I'm 6"4 and have just bought the £22 Next trousers (this sounds like a confessional). Got the slim which was a bit of an error, they'll do for 'smart' days out and for when I lose two stone (so might never make it off the hanger). The leg length is good though

Yeah they look really good value for money as I’m currently toying between those and some Galvin Greens on F18 (but they’re ££99.95) almost 5 times the price.

Would you say the next ones are suitable for playing in, in terms of comfort out on the course etc? Minus the slim fit would they be ok?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Yeah they look really good value for money as I’m currently toying between those and some Galvin Greens on F18 (but they’re ££99.95) almost 5 times the price.

Would you say the next ones are suitable for playing in, in terms of comfort out on the course etc? Minus the slim fit would they be ok?

Yeah fine other than scorching days when you’d probably wear shorts, seem better quality than the M&S £19 coin catchers

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

You're right. Not great fun in the rain. The FJ's are a perfect combo. I've even wore them out socially.