Tall golf umbrella HELP!

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although I'm only 5'11", I'm too tall to walk under my umbrella when it's in its holder on my GoKart.

The brolly measures 90cm from the base of its handle to the tip of its spike.

Is this short in comparison to others? Can anyone point me towards a much longer umbrella?

(What a sad, geeky thread).

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Motocaddy sell a brolley with clear panels so you can see where you are going

I am 6ft tall and had the same problem, now i hold the brolley instead !!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the brolly holder was just for parking your brolly in when you were taking your shot so as to keep your bag dry. Otherwise just carry it when you are walking.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the brolly holder was just for parking your brolly in when you were taking your shot so as to keep your bag dry. Otherwise just carry it when you are walking.

It would certainly seem that way, but I thought it would be more sensible to design a tall holder so that you can walk hands free using a leccy cart.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Buy the GoKart official umbrella. It's massive! I get dark looks if I commute with it, cos it takes up so much room! Should be tall enough, I reckon. Sandy at GoKart could give you more info on the height, etc.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The better answer is to get a much longer umbrella holder for your trolley. Have a decent one on my Golfstream and at 6ft 5 can walk underneath it comfortably :)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The better answer is to get a much longer umbrella holder for your trolley. Have a decent one on my Golfstream and at 6ft 5 can walk underneath it comfortably :)
It's funny, but you look shorter than that in your avatar, Fundy! ;)

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Motocaddy do a widget which raises the height of the trolley handle, thereby giving more head height under the Bromley, not sure if go cart do the same.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try this if you haven't already sorted it out http://www.golfbrollyholder.co.uk/?product=extender

Thanks for this. I trust by your username that you are the owner of the company or certainly an employee.

I would say that this looks to be the ideal thing for the goKart but at £33, it's a little off-putting to be honest. In my (humble) opinion, this is a £20 product.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had this problem (6' 2") with my motocaddy. GOt the extender to raise the height of the handle then bought a nike 68" one. Easiest way to look for a long handle brolly is to just get the widest one as it should also have the longest handle.

D

Deleted member 1147

I was lucky enough to win a Mizuno brolly at the GM day at Beau Desert the other year (well, Jezz's good play won it for us). That is quite tall, and at 6ft I can walk under it whilst it's in the brolly holder on my Motocaddy.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had a Sun Mountain brolly a while back. That was mahoosive.

I also had a TM Burner brolly that fitted to my Powakaddy. I could walk under that with no issues and I'm 6ft.

GBH123

Visit site
I am indeed, it may seem a little expensive but it is made from steel and therefore more robust than its plastic counterparts! We offer a 5 year guarantee too!

Thanks for this. I trust by your username that you are the owner of the company or certainly an employee.

I would say that this looks to be the ideal thing for the goKart but at £33, it's a little off-putting to be honest. In my (humble) opinion, this is a £20 product.