Tablets

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
As Christmas is looming it is times to buy the 2 kids there own tablets, I have an iPad but can not afford 2 more . Any advice guys as I'm shocking at this sort of thing?

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As Christmas is looming it is times to buy the 2 kids there own tablets, I have an iPad but can not afford 2 more . Any advice guys as I'm shocking at this sort of thing?

I'm no good either with these things so wouldn't know whats technically good or bad however my twin 7yr old daughters have Google Nexus 7's

Ideal for the apps they play on and for youtube to listen to songs etc

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
Ty phil and big d. Looked at kindle fire had was £90 now gone back up to £120. Wil only be used for games Netflix,YouTube,films,and browsing.will have a look at the nexus now.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My 6 year old has the google nexus one and the 8 year old has a samsung tab 3 both are spot on for them , like you could not afford the Apple one.

My mate tried the hudl for one of his kids and their was a problem with it picking up the signal in the loft room , how ever the samsung one picked it up no problems.

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks fundy and midnight. My daughter is 6 and son is 13 , seems a silly question but any tablet should be ok for different ages correct?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amazon were doing refurbed kindle fire HD for £65. Looks a total bargain. Adide from that, another vote for the google nexus, have had no problems with mine

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The misses got me a nexus 7 for Christmas 2012 I think,great unit and great battery life. Last year I got my mum the galaxy note and that two is a great unit. I think I paid around £125 for the note which is great value for money

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got a surface 2 for £250 from curry. Cracking bit of kit. it has a USB drive too. How do you like those apples apple?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Another vote for a Nexus 10. There should be a new version out soon as the existing one has been going for a bit now, think it came out in 2012, so possibly some reduced prices come Christmas on the existing version.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My mother, bless her, got me a v-tech laptop for Christmas all those years ago. It came with game cartridges including English and maths. The best of those being the typing game were you had to type the letters as they appeared before they got to the other side of the screen. Deadly!
My mate came over Christmas day to wish us all a happy Christmas and to see what presents I got. I showed him my v-tech and he was in the house for about 2 minutes before declaring that he was going home to play sonic on his master system.

I am still wiping a tear away now as I type (really really quickly I might add). Moral of the story, get them something they can have some fun on. :p