Switching shafts between clubs ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just seen a set of Rsi2 irons 4 - SW for £420 at Snainton golf. The shafts are KBS Tour 105 regular, which I think will be too heavy for me. I currently have Nippon NS Pro 950 regular shafts in my MP 52's.

Is there a big difference, and if so could I swop the shafts (not me personally but a Pro) between the two sets ?

All help gratefully received.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the tour 105's do weigh out at 105g the 950gh's are just under 95g (94.5) so you got pretty much a 10g difference

quantifying that a nickel weighs out at approx 5g

950gh's detailed as a mid trajectory launch the tour 105's detailed as producing spin for mid high launch
as ever it depends how a particular swing motion loads the shaft & at what speed as to the flight

maybes you can find a 6i kbs tour 105 local to you to trial against current 6i on a LM at a golf store

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It shouldn't be a problem for a pro (or possibly club builder) to swap the shafts, providing they're the same tip diameter?

The big problem is that you'll lose any form of 'bargain' you had on the new set. I was quoted £15 per club when I asked, and that was only swapping shafts in 1 set, not putting the pulled ones back in another set as well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
the tour 105's do weigh out at 105g the 950gh's are just under 95g (94.5) so you got pretty much a 10g difference

quantifying that a nickel weighs out at approx 5g

950gh's detailed as a mid trajectory launch the tour 105's detailed as producing spin for mid high launch
as ever it depends how a particular swing motion loads the shaft & at what speed as to the flight

maybes you can find a 6i kbs tour 105 local to you to trial against current 6i on a LM at a golf store
I did have a fitting at my Club months ago, so will check out what shaft was recommended. I did try one shaft, which may well be the stock KBS Tour 105, and it felt awful.

Thanks for the feedback.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It shouldn't be a problem for a pro (or possibly club builder) to swap the shafts, providing they're the same tip diameter?

The big problem is that you'll lose any form of 'bargain' you had on the new set. I was quoted £15 per club when I asked, and that was only swapping shafts in 1 set, not putting the pulled ones back in another set as well.

Thought that might be the case Gary. Steve the Pro at the Club is a proper club builder, so might have a word with him.

Thanks.