Switch off the TV

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you ever managed to stop watching TV and for how long?

I'm getting closer to switching off altogether.
More channels mean less to watch because of trailers, commercials and endless repeats.

After the Qatar World Cup I was thinking what's left?
England have no chance of ever winning anything. Reasons I won't go into. I simply know.

Get your life back.

https://www.verywellmind.com/top-rea...our-tv-2223895

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you ever managed to stop watching TV and for how long?

I'm getting closer to switching off altogether.
More channels mean less to watch because of trailers, commercials and endless repeats.

After the Qatar World Cup I was thinking what's left?
England have no chance of ever winning anything. Reasons I won't go into. I simply know.

Get your life back.

https://www.verywellmind.com/top-rea...our-tv-2223895
But then I’ll have to talk to my other half ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stop watching the TV every time I go out to play golf so it is on for an awfully long time time at the moment.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I rarely ever watch TV 'live' if you like. Most things we watch are streamed, either from Netflix/Disney+ or from the ITV or BBC apps. Every year I debate not buying a TV license, but I always relent in the end. Last year it was mainly for the World Cup. Really really might not buy one this year. ?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Every year I debate not buying a TV license, but I always relent in the end.
That's also my experience. I think about it then relent.
But, yesterday (15th Jan) I watched no TV. A complete fast from the thing.
What did I miss? Nothing.
Instead I read a book and listened to classical symphonies.
What did I gain? A lot.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We have got very selective. If there is nothing on, we turn it off and go and do something useful. We often have the TV turned off.

However, "nothing on" has changed meaning... there are so many things to stream now from various sources, if you just want to veg in front of the TV, you can surely find some thing to entertain you?

Even if that doesn't help, you can come on here and argue with someone about socks! :ROFLMAO:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have got very selective. If there is nothing on, we turn it off and go and do something useful. We often have the TV turned off.

However, "nothing on" has changed meaning... there are so many things to stream now from various sources, if you just want to veg in front of the TV, you can surely find some thing to entertain you?

Even if that doesn't help, you can come on here and argue with someone about socks! :ROFLMAO:
Do you have many children?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I rarely ever watch TV 'live' if you like. Most things we watch are streamed, either from Netflix/Disney+ or from the ITV or BBC apps. Every year I debate not buying a TV license, but I always relent in the end. Last year it was mainly for the World Cup. Really really might not buy one this year. ?
You need a licence to stream TV programs.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need a licence to stream TV programs.

Only "live" ones. We have no licence. We stream off Prime and Disney + . We also listen to Boom Radio, ALOT. It's on now and has been all day in fact apart from the wife watching a couple of Little House.....at luch time. I cannot recommend this too highly. They play proper music all day long.