Switch off the TV

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, you'd pass up on watching Spurs at the time of them actually playing?
Lol, have you seen us play lately? I'd estimate I've only live-watched about 3 of our last 10 games. Wouldn't be missing much. Overall I'm falling out of love with watching football when it's ruined by stupid VAR calls and a broken offside rule. If I was desperate I can watch it in a pub.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lol, have you seen us play lately? I'd estimate I've only live-watched about 3 of our last 10 games. Wouldn't be missing much. Overall I'm falling out of love with watching football when it's ruined by stupid VAR calls and a broken offside rule. If I was desperate I can watch it in a pub.
Fair enough ...

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only "live" ones. We have no licence. We stream off Prime and Disney + . We also listen to Boom Radio, ALOT. It's on now and has been all day in fact apart from the wife watching a couple of Little House.....at luch time. I cannot recommend this too highly. They play proper music all day long.
If you stream iPlayer anytime you need a licence

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As @Crazyface says, that's only if you stream them live, or anything from BBC iPlayer. I think I'm at a point in my life where I can cope without live TV, in exchange for being £155 richer.

Honestly can't see what the problem is. £12.00 a month for some (not all) superb TV? Anything by Attenborough is worth that on it's own.
There are hidden gems on every channel if you look for them.
Couldn't bear not having live TV in the house.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honestly can't see what the problem is. £12.00 a month for some (not all) superb TV? Anything by Attenborough is worth that on it's own.
There are hidden gems on every channel if you look for them.
Couldn't bear not having live TV in the house.
We rarely watch anything and with the baby coming next week and having to buy a new car, I can think of a lot better uses for 155 quid.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
In place of the box last night I listened to Shostakovich violin concertos and an old favourite, Bruckner's 4th symphony.
The Bruckner piece is very dramatic and sounds like a horn concerto with the 1st horn playing a dominant role.
Tonight I think I'll find my CD for Sibelius 4th and 5th symphonies.