swing update videos - feedback welcome!

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
I've worked a fair bit on my swing during the last couple of months and am hitting the ball straighter and more consistently (at last). I'm sure there's room for improvement though.

http://youtu.be/QAA7EIO0Pj0
http://youtu.be/ovvI1mK8EL8
http://youtu.be/ySFOqkhDieY

One of my faults is an off-balanced finished, usually falling forward slightly, but occasionally falling backwards slightly! My right leg seems to come forward more than it should and my right shoulder seems to pick up my head on the way through and push my whole body forward too much.

These are only minor niggles though - I'm quite happy with how it's progressing. If any one else has some comments or helpful hints, or sees other potential issues I'd be grateful to hear them. Cheers.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
no expert but it looks like you are turning through after the strike hence the balance issue. It looks as if its an exaggerated effort to complete the turn.

Sounds like a decent strike all the same.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't seem much of back-swing - even less than mine! - and the 5 iron back-swing seems to come way back inside. Strong left hand grip tends to promote this. Weight never really gets onto the front foot and down=swing seems a but of an upper body heave - thus the balance issues. Great sounding strikes though, Looks a good swing for a Driver but irons could well have a few fats/thins/tops on 'bad swing' days.

I'd try to get the grip more neutral, the arms higher than half-way on the back-swing and concentrate on hitting down on the ball on irons - which should automatically get your balance better.

Good luck.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your swing has lots of good things going on. The big problem I see is how much you move off the ball in the backswing, you never quite get back again so your weight stays on the back foot. As you try to recover late in the swing you are getting this unbalanced issue where your left foot spins out.

Try turning back more into your right hip and stop your upper body swaying back so much.

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll check my centering on the backswing the next time I'm up at the range (hopefully tomorrow).

JO... ballflight I'd say with short to medium irons is a nice draw, not too high, good distance (I'm happiest with these clubs). I have a tendency every now and then to fade one, but the deviation from straight is nowhere near what it used to be so I'm relatively happy. A bad shot is usually a fat that hooks - which I think is when I release my hands a bit too early, or don't straighten the left-leg enough at impact. If I release my hands a bit later in the swing I get a much crisper contact. I'd say I tend to fade the longer clubs more than draw them.

Edit: sorry, forgot to say the ball starts pretty straight.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The 1st swing... awesome!, but something very scruffy about the finish. The other two swings didn't sound so solid, almost looks like you came over the top of the second vid (from the rear).

I'm worried that on your good swings you are swinging too far OUT at the ball taking your weight onto your toes as your arms swing away from you, and the poor ones are a little OTT perhaps. So you have to swing (or feel like) you swing your arc more down the line so to speak and rely on the club face pointing a little right (to get the ball started to the right) whilst swinging from the inside to impart the draw spin. Don't swing OUT at the ball.

Secondly is your right foot flipping up onto your toes. It's making your hips do funny things so I'd suggest you ROLL your right foot and don't allow it to come up on the toe... try to stop it at 45 degrees to the ground rather than 90 degrees...

Not that I'm getting you into a full blown S&T swing but watch the right foot in these vids...

From about 40 seconds... the right foot rolls inwards before the heel lifts.... (yours doesn't, yours just lifts and then you flip your heel 'up and out' which means your weight becomes static and you 'spin' rather than 'power' your way into the finish).

[video=youtube;SRRkc69oMzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRRkc69oMzs[/video]

Love the music on this vid...... oops! gone off topic :mad:

[video=youtube;VD6YKQfE2m8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6YKQfE2m8[/video]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
^
^
^

This looks like a reverse pivot? [click pic to enlarge...]

jimbooooooo.jpg

Surely you're not referring to the videos that were posted pertaining to the RIGHT FOOT :mmm:

(I reckon you were......) :mmm:

Last edited:

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
The picture posted dosn't look like a reverse pivot,but the video does,knee,shoulder tipping forward,no weight transferance.
Just saying is that the s&t,dont get it sorry,not like any lessons ive ever had.By the way not having a chip here.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
No problem Sniggy, I just couldn't (can't) see what you were referring to. The angle on his vids aren't exactly great (..and I'll be having words with him about that!!) ;) LOL

No he's not using a S&T swing there as his spine is pointing away from the target, a S&T swing would have it more upright (amongst other things).

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No problem Sniggy, I just couldn't (can't) see what you were referring to. The angle on his vids aren't exactly great (..and I'll be having words with him about that!!) ;) LOL

No he's not using a S&T swing there as his spine is pointing away from the target, a S&T swing would have it more upright (amongst other things).

I think he is refering to the S&T video James.

To answer his question, the weight moves forward in the backswing but DOES NOT move back in the forward swing (That would be a reverse pivot). In fact it moves further forward.