Swing training aid, any suggestions?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Gentlemen, I struggle with my swing and would appreciate it if you could suggest training aids that really work. Thanks very much.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well my golf pro says I need to try and concentrate on my tempo, I struggle with getting everything linked together, but I am getting there slowly and would like something just to help me along a little faster.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately, in my experience, nothing really will quicken the time it takes to bed in changes, the only thing that makes it easier is to hit balls and balls and balls.

Stick with it, I am in the same boat and after 3 weeks am beginning to see improvements.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Down the range twice a week, and playing at the weekend, but thinking if there was something I could use at work or at home, just to keep the movement going.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well my golf pro says I need to try and concentrate on my tempo, I struggle with getting everything linked together, but I am getting there slowly and would like something just to help me along a little faster.

I use the tour tempo cd when I need to slow it down. Really helps me get a good rhythmn

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just downloaded Tour Tempo after coming in from the range, I might make it three nights in a row tomorrow night and try the drills out. It looks quite simple which I guess is the point of clearing everything from your head and just getting into the groove. Thanks for suggesting this and I will post back with how I get on.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh my goodness, three nights on the trot at the range, but this time with tour tempo, not sure what it was, but it seemed to work, I was on the slowest track but it allowed me to clear my head of distractions and also try to feel what I was doing. What track do you use Homer? By the way, I have been taking a different club to the range each time, along with my pitching wedge, 100 balls, 60% with the club, 40% with the wedge, swapping from one to the other after about 20 balls. Is this the right way to do it or should I stick to one club all the way through?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I started off on the slowest tempo (27:9) but my natural swing is the middle one (24:8). I tend to use any club really but find a mid iron usually works pretty well. I've had good success with my driver too as I'm guilty of getting way too quick and trying to lash it

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hmm..I can't really afford the £15 Tour Tempo app...But I'm wondering whether I need it in my life.

Sure sounds like it!

Surely you can do the same thing with a song in 4/4 with the right bpm?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hmm..I can't really afford the £15 Tour Tempo app...But I'm wondering whether I need it in my life.

Sure sounds like it!

Surely you can do the same thing with a song in 4/4 with the right bpm?

Arguably but the TT gives you six different tunes per speed (27/9 24/8 and 21/7) and it saves the faff of finding something with the right bpm. I got mine burned from my teaching pro