Swing Trainer - (Shaft mounted elec / ipad sync type thingys)

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Folks,

I'm about to pull the trigger and order one of these devices.

I think I've done my homework and read the reviews (including a very good one on mygolfspy below)

http://www.mygolfspy.com/skypro-swing-analyzer-trainer-review/

I've opted for the Swingbyte 2 out of the market currently available.

Why, well I have regular monthly lessons and enjoy using the flightscope data so am happy with using the numbers without getting swamped in data and value the insights these give. This system seems to be the closest to flightscope / trackman etc with about £24,850 change! (Don't worry, I know it's not a flightscope but the path / face numerics are similar as is the launch angle etc). The 3Bays and GolfPro made the short list. I discounted the GolfPro as the swing path data was simplified to out/in or straight etc - the ball flight should tell me that, how much and how consistent is really interesting. 3Bays, good looking device but need to buy another one for putting seemed a rip off (even through I don't have putting in mind as primary use, I railed against it on principle!)

Have I made the right call, anyone recently been through the same thoughts and came out with a different answer?

Thanks,

Simon

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried the Swingbyte 2 but could not get it to stay stable on the shaft, and I do not have a very fast swing speed, so I lost confidence in some of the numbers it was giving me, so moved it on. Would suggest you put some tap on the shaft where it fits to give it the best chance of not slipping

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to admit to being tempted by the skypro unit. I am really only after it for tempo and plane as these are my 2 Achilles heels and I reckon it would be just the job. I am waiting until winter though but almost definitely going to get one in some shape or form.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Tempo was one of the reasons I bought mine and it was good for this and helped my swing greatly, but lost confidence in the other numbers. Will be interested to what other peoples thoughts are on how secure it is on the shaft, maybe I was just unluckily?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
For all my foibles about trying to get to single figures, all this gadgetry leave me cold. I enjoy using launch monitors as part of my lessons and looking how the improvements change the numbers. Standing on a freezing cold range in January looking at the information just doesn't hold any appeal. Just my own view of course

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been wanting one of these for ages. Narrowed it down to skypro and swingbyte 2. For me these seem to have the numbers I'd want and more. Also the overall package of app and gadget seems to be the best around.