Swing thoughts, all comments welcome

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Hopefully the link works as doing this on my phone, if it is I am inviting comments on my swing of today.

Haven’t picked up the clubs properly in a long time, but with some good meets coming up soon and a bit more time to play now I need to get back on it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you draw the ball and if so, is it controlled ?
I used to lose the ball to the right as I kept leaving the face of the club open, so I was working on closing the club face. I think this was down to my grip being too weak, so I strengthened this a bit a few weeks ago. 99% of the shots yesterday were draws and relatively controlled but this was a new feeling for me.

There are things I don’t like visually in the swing, but the strikes yesterday were consistent and the dispersion was also a lot closer than previous range sessions have been.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Be careful you don't strengthen your grip too much or the draw may become a hook.
Apart from that, a good swing.

There are things I don’t like visually in the swing, but the strikes yesterday were consistent and the dispersion was also a lot closer than previous range sessions have been.

There may be things you don't like but the result is what matters, not how it looks.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Be careful you don't strengthen your grip too much or the draw may become a hook.
Apart from that, a good swing.

There may be things you don't like but the result is what matters, not how it looks.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Thanks Bob, I was trying to over do it, to get used to the feeling, then if I need to weaken the grip off slightly. Most of the draws were relatively soft, with the occasional big draw/hook.

Really like the positions on the practise swing, just have to make the real swing like that