swing speed

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
last october I found I was outswinging my driver and getting huge high slices. I went for a new one and was clocked at 88, anything at over 72 produced a slice with the old one. I came away with the r7 draw, R65 mid-kick which I have been more than happy with up to now.
last month I got new irons (below) and again was clocked at 88 with those. I love these though I am currently overhitting everything, with everything.

just recently my driver (or me) has been mis-behaving. I'm getting the high slices again if I go for it but if I rein right back (difficult) I get straighter and as long. I have moved the ball at address further forward to parallel with my left foot.

question - is there a relationship between driver and iron swing speeds; are they normally the same or is this an indication that I'm swinging faster?

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
my understanding is that the driver will all ways be quicker due to it being the longest shaft. The speed of your shoulder turn and arm swing should be the same, club length does the rest.

My driver speed is about 5 mph quicker than my 6-7 iron.

John.