Swing issues

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi
I wouldn't like to play you for money off 15 :eek:
All I can say is your short game must be worse than Smiffys ;)

What did you change in your lesson?
I ask because the only thing I see is a slight throw at the top and a bit of a lean into the ball.
I'd love to see a face on view if you have one

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im trying desperately to get it down, hit 77 in a 4 ball better ball comp last week and its non qualifier time now!

And my grip was the major thing my pro tried to change. it was way too strong apparently but now i cant hit any sort of draw for toffee!

Will try and sort out another video tomorrow !

WW

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Will try and sort out another video tomorrow !

WW

Dont bother, you've answered the question I was going to ask...your grip.

Every single person in the world who changes from a strong grip to a sligtly weaker grip has the same issues as you to begin with.

You hold the club in the new weaker grip which feels very uncomfortable. During the swing, your grip decides it doesnt like it so slides round to the right to where it used to be and is more comfortable. That opens the clubface. That coupled with the slight throw at the top will cause your fade. Just be aware of the club coming back square to the ball and ask your pro about checking your change of direction at the top of the backswing. That will help with your slight out to in swing path
HTH

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you got any more lessons planned? I have mentioned a couple of times on this forum about some lessons I had at the start of the year. I hit a draw and my bad shot was a big pull to the left. I got made to change my grip and ball position, but then I started to fade the ball, much to my disgust. But after I had finished my lessons I started to hit the ball straight. What my pro had taught me to do was hit a fade to get rid of my draw and the bad shot that could go anywhere to the left. It did work as he had shown me an over exaggeration compared to what I was doing but then when I moved my grip back round I then was getting it into a more neutral position.

Keep going it will work eventually trust me I have been there.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Hi
I wouldn't like to play you for money off 15 :eek:
All I can say is your short game must be worse than Smiffys ;)

What did you change in your lesson?
I ask because the only thing I see is a slight throw at the top and a bit of a lean into the ball.
I'd love to see a face on view if you have one

Yes Bob I see the throw which seems to come from being bent over and low hands at address and then the throw is the correction at the top to come back on a better plane at impact.

At address and backswing the plane is passing through his lower back and at impact the bottom of the shoulder blade. I mailed the pics of both with lines if WW can upload them.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I may be mistaken by the camera but that looked like a nice draw to me.

The only thing I would suggest other than what Bob has said is that you are straightening your back knee in the backswing. This can create a sway and upset your balance. Try keeping it flexed.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why oh why this obsession with wanting to hit the ball right to left. I've spent the last 5 years getting rid of mine.

Whats wrong with a nice fade.

I guess you probably play Links golf and like the ball to stop up where a draw would roll on more (Just guessing) and shoot on through greens or into gorse.
I play a Parkland course that is setup to suit a right handed draw, most parkland courses I play are the same. There are a few holes and second shots where a fade is helpful and a bit of a clockwise cut spin will do the job.