Swing issues

FELL75

Visit site
Hi, having hit the ball fairly straight for a while I'm now fading/slicing. I know this is a common issue and appreciate guidance on here. I do know that I come across the ball sometimes. Had a lesson from a pro who thought I should swing away from my body and up to improve AoA rather than around my body and negate coming across the ball at impact. I have included a video so any pointers from experts would be gratefully received and taken on the the range.

Thanks

FELL75

Visit site
Hello Bobmac, yes, it is a slow swing. Any increase of speed looking for more distance and I lose all sort of control. I'm fairly happy with the distances I get but now losing that control is hurting my scores. The longer the club, the more pronounced the problem. Current hcap is 17. Thanks for taking a look.

FELL75

Visit site
Yes, occasionally a snap pull or a fat shot that also goes a bit left. Would say there's one or two per round. Trying to keep club face from opening on impact and I guess overdoing it? Thanks

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The clubhead is closed at the top which suggests a shot left/hook/pull and maybe you're fighting that.
I would suggest getting your grip checked then work on your swing path

FELL75

Visit site
Interesting about the club face at the top, never really noticed that. I'll get my grip looked at, think it is weak/neutral as can see two knuckles/glove manufacturer pointing down the fairway and my right hand is a bit underneath?
Thanks again for taking time took and the advice.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think for these videos it's best to take hold of the club, face the camera and show the grip. Then go ahead and take your address and swing away.

A good look at the grip never hurts. Takes about 2 seconds longer and much more useful.

FELL75

Visit site
I think for these videos it's best to take hold of the club, face the camera and show the grip. Then go ahead and take your address and swing away.

A good look at the grip never hurts. Takes about 2 seconds longer and much more useful.

Here is a Link to the only front on clip I have, hopefully this helps to see the grip I'm using.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd have a look at how your using your hips. Looks to be a bit of a sway in there.

Left hand grip could maybe seen as being a bit weak. As you know seeing a bit more of that logo on the glove will strengthen that up a bit.

You could do worse than giving this drill a go from mark crossfield.

Miller

Visit site
I really have to thank you for creating this thread - it's prompted me to video my own practice net sessions.

I've now learned that I'm:

1) Not free enough in my hip rotation
2) Too straight in the legs