Swing clip - Driver

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[video=youtube_share;RI4zo0y5r6s]http://youtu.be/RI4zo0y5r6s[/video]

After a bit of help. I got the driver out for the practice tonight. This one I hit pretty well (funny isn't it, you stick the camera on then smack it down the middle). My usual miss is a big push-slice, which I think comes from releasing the club too late and basically contacting with a wide open club face.

Any tips/thoughts on what I can do to get more consistent timing into my swing.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Haha touché. It actually wasn't that dark, just the sun happened to be setting in that direction.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is a difference between swinging a driver and an iron. With the driver it's best in my opinion to release the club very early to allow it to square up. This way you may start a hook but it should stop your slice, you can then stop the hook by changing grip or releasing a little later.

I'll find a video for you:

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
There seems to be more to this...
klarrySharif has morphed into jessicaalba in less than 2 years.
I think we should be told

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
You should read "The Release" by Jim Hardy, although it might be better to read his "The Plane Truth" first. In the first book he teaches how to release the club. He quotes Jack Nicklaus as saying that he started uncocking his wrists right from the top of the swing. If you do this properly you won't hook or slice. I've tried it & when I get it right I get a really solid strike with a touch of draw.