• 5 years plus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barry610

Club Champion
Visit site
So did the mod clear it up off his own back or did someone actually have so little going on in his life he thought he should report someone using the word *** which by the way does nothing to offend me, so as the last time I checked freedom of speech was still allowed in not so Great Britain I will use in its full form... :p

Get that man reprimanded ! he used the word *** ! :D :D :D :D :D :D

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right thats enough, No one and I repeat no one is to stone anyone and I want to make this quite clear, until I give the word, even if he uses the word Twa@

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Like a lot of these words, it depends on the context in which it was said. It personally doesn't offend me, but as a father of 2 young girls, before I post, I just ask myself whether or not I'd like them to read it. My youngest is a keen golfer, and used to read this forum. Unfortunately, the last few months has seen lots of bitching and petty squabbles so I've stopped her from reading it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
just to be awkward, not really. It depends upon the company and circumstances. thinly disguised euphenisms often cause just as much offence.

we are though all completely nadgered when it comes to a'whirdling of thy groolies. as sure as a grunger is a nancy possett, at some time, somewhere in this country whatever you bogle will be misconstrued. so gird up thy grusset and stiffen they moulie, twill all come right in the end.

T

thecraw

Fore, that may be correct, the moderators cannot read every single post and depend on someone using the report post button. Some of them may also be predating the mods appearances.
The thing is, on every other forum Ive ever been on, if someone steps out of line, they get corrected or informed and that is it. On here every time the "offender" gets narky and cant handle being reprimanded in private nor public and has to start a debate, ie monogate, homergate and now this. Just let it go, life is too short to worry about it.

As an aside, the likes of overclockers and a load of other forums block key words, OCUK has got to b e one of the stricter forums Ive ever visited and everyone still gets on.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_avatar_how

Absolute codswollop, Brendy you are the only mod who acts like a jumped up little Hitler on here. No other mod has ever contacted me over any post yet you are constantly on my back over X, Y &Z.

If you had a valid point then I would retract and apologise for what I have posted however I wont bow to you over the word tw@t.

Not handle being reprimanded? A condescending PM after I have to ask who edited my post in the first place. Brendy you are the problem, no other mod, just you and your personal dislike to how I post. Do yourself a favour and just hit the ignore button when it comes to me and stop trying to twist an arguement to suit yourself.

D

Deleted member 1740

Wont be long before this thread is locked because its going nowhere!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Absolute codswollop, Brendy you are the only mod who acts like a jumped up little Hitler on here. No other mod has ever contacted me over any post yet you are constantly on my back over X, Y &Z.

If you had a valid point then I would retract and apologise for what I have posted however I wont bow to you over the word tw@t.

Not handle being reprimanded? A condescending PM after I have to ask who edited my post in the first place. Brendy you are the problem, no other mod, just you and your personal dislike to how I post. Do yourself a favour and just hit the ignore button when it comes to me and stop trying to twist an arguement to suit yourself.
Jumped up little hitler? dear god you dont know me at all, I dont even have a tache, im 6'1", if that is short to you, Id hate to run into you in a dark alleyway!
This thread was given a chance Craw, you were pm'd as it would save you looking like a whinger and you chose to reply in public instead of dealing with a nonsense issue like this via pm.
As for always being me that moderates, you really want to see the suspended threads folder, my name is only against a minority of banned users and threads, perhaps I am more likely to draw a line under the more contentious threads and issues, I don't know.
What I do know is that Mike trusts us to keep the forum fluid and we wont allow it to be dragged down because they choose to ignore the rules. Remember, I didn't write them but will abide by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.