Surrey - Flexi Memberships?

Mike79

Visit site
Looking into flexi memberships at a course local to me (Woking area)

Options I have found include Hoebridge (£550) and Pyrford Lakes (£460) and this would give approx 16 Saturday morning rounds (summer rate) at Hoebridge or 8 at Pyrford (another £250 buys 4 Sat am rounds), so Hoebridge is the cheaper of the 2.

I know Hoebridge can get very busy and wonder if the shorter booking window will mean the slots are filled a week earlier by the 7 day members.

My son is 12 and keen to get into golf. The facilities at Hoebridge are probably better suited to him as there is the par 3 course etc to play. But, junior membership at Pyrford is free.

Any other options people can think of? Looking to keep membership this year around the £500-600 mark

Silvermere look to have something similar (pay & play) but that would work out around £650 for 10 Sat am rounds...

I’m looking to join a club to get back into more regular golf again, play some competitions and make some golf buddies (something I am lacking since I moved down here), but am not ready to commit to full 7 day fees at this stage.

FELL75

Visit site
Live in Woking area too. Tricky one in terms in local clubs. Couple of others worth a look could be Sutton green/merrist wood. I know they are more towards Guildford but 10/15 minute drive?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pyrford is absolutely rammed to the gills at weekends now. I was Captain there last year and saw what was happening. I've moved down to Devon know but I am aware of what it is like up there. And Pyrford is not a course for a junior or a beginner. Your son would be banging balls into the lakes most of the way round whilst he got started.

Mike79

Visit site
Live in Woking area too. Tricky one in terms in local clubs. Couple of others worth a look could be Sutton green/merrist wood. I know they are more towards Guildford but 10/15 minute drive?

Not much further than Hoebridge really so worth a look

Mike79

Visit site
Pyrford is absolutely rammed to the gills at weekends now. I was Captain there last year and saw what was happening. I've moved down to Devon know but I am aware of what it is like up there. And Pyrford is not a course for a junior or a beginner. Your son would be banging balls into the lakes most of the way round whilst he got started.

That’s interesting. I know there has been a lot of investment in the course with new management. Guess it’s clear how that’s being paid for

Mike79

Visit site
Hoebridge has all the facilities needed for sure.

I think the membership was about £550, which gives enough points to cover 15 Saturday morning rounds, which can be topped up through the year. If I top up again, it is still less than a 7-day membership which I know I will not get value from.