Surgery - Optimistic re golf

U

User62651

Having been forced off golf due to shoulder problems about 5 years ago, I finally got arthroscopic surgery done 2 days ago - sub-acromial decompression with some joint manipulation and scar tissue removal to loosen up the joint, sling off this morning and home physio started already, pain minimal, pretty stiff but got to get moving quickly to maintain and improve range of movement. No torn tendon issues which was a real bonus as I was convinced there was, that's important I think as that makes recovery simpler, this was uncertain until they had a look around inside the joint.

For the first time in years I feel a little optimistic I may be able to play golf again.....don't care how badly or how infrequently, just the odd game would do! At 46 you have to accept there will be age-related issues but hopefully there's life in the old dog yet!

NHS is a great thing, we should defend it so that all people, not just the wealthy, get the healthcare they need for quality of life......Go Corbyn;)

Anyone had a shoulder decompression done and got golfing again? How did it go?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Let's keep fingers crossed that you make a full return to the game, 46 is too young not to be able to play it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Speak to your consultant. No point trying to rush out an play and potentially doing damage. I hope you can get back, but slowly slowly. Why not start with short game. If nothing else when you come back you'll have the ability to chip and putt the PP's to death