SuperSpeed Training

Albo

Visit site
Quick update.
117 with the green stick today. Along with a 114 and a 115!
Had 8 driver hits with 106 and 6 at 107!
Then hit a 108!
Really pleased with progress.

From 103 on Feb 3rd to 108 on March 15th.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quick update.
117 with the green stick today. Along with a 114 and a 115!
Had 8 driver hits with 106 and 6 at 107!
Then hit a 108!
Really pleased with progress.

From 103 on Feb 3rd to 108 on March 15th.
Looks good on paper but how is the control?

Albo

Visit site
Looks good on paper but how is the control?
I wouldn’t even try to swing at those speeds on the course in all honesty, it would be wild, but what I can now do is swing at 100-103 controlled (as controlled as I’m able) and which I can and do use on course (measured with PRGR monitor), that’s up from 95-99 before. I’d say my control is pretty much the same now as it was just get 10-15 more out of driver as a result.
Don’t get me wrong, as controlled as before also means I hit bad shots and those bad shots do go further off line.
What is more noticeable is I’m able to get the same sort of distance out of my irons as before without feeling like I’m doing much more than an easy swing now. I can step on my irons and take one less than I used to but found control a lot better using the same iron but just a full easy swing.
It’s not all positive as I say, and the numbers here aren’t reflected on course, but overall I swing faster without trying to, if that makes sense, and there is no discernible loss in accuracy, save for the wilder ones being more wild

Edit to add, looking at my stats with driver from Arccos from last year, driver average was 245, that’s with the 300+ drives removed and the bad ones too. Be interesting to see what this year brings. I might tell Arccos that I have a new v2 driver to see what the stats look like. Obviously that 245 is full distance, not carry!

Last edited:

JGolfer

Visit site
So thought I would post my update. Been doing this for around 5 months now. Have followed their programme throughout.

Thought I would post my original numbers, my absolute max and what I see on the course.

Pre training:
Driver 100 (this was flat on out the course speed)
Green around 105
Blue 97
Red 94ish

Post training
Driver 112 (this is non course speed)
Green 120
Blue 115
Red 110

Driver on course speed currently sits at around 108-110.
Honestly cannot recommend this enough. One benefit I noticed is at first I was trying to swing insanely fast, but was not going fast (was swinging hard but not fast), using them, made me learn how to actually apply speed.

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone got the old blue and grey radar and the Prgr one? I’m getting different distances and both are inconsistent to what the swing feels so just looking for some setup advice on the Prgr.

The old radar only monitors the swing as it passes so good for assessing if my swing’s fastest point is in the right place and also why I’m ok with inconsistency in that. The Prgr is reading from behind so should get the whole bottom of the arc(?)and therefore I would expect it to be at least very close to the old monitor but sometimes it is quite low. I get that there’s the occasional drop off but the discrepancies seem too frequent to not be setup.

Thanks for any advice.

yandabrown

Visit site
So how do people actually swing faster? Are there any pointers in the training? All I seem to find is instruction to swing as hard as possible. OK I can do that but what do I need to differently to go faster?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
So how do people actually swing faster? Are there any pointers in the training? All I seem to find is instruction to swing as hard as possible. OK I can do that but what do I need to differently to go faster?
I'm no expert but some of the stuff I've seen from FitforGolf on Twitter suggests getting hands higher and around more at the top, and lifting the left heel in backswing during speed training.