Superspeed Golf

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Just looking for some feedback on the Superspeed golf sticks and radar.

I have read a bit about pros using them but am interested to hear about any forum members experiences.

What sort of improvements have people seen? Any negatives?

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure how much you need the real time feedback of the monitor to improve which is my sticking point currently. I'm not saying they're the same but I was looking at the swing speed golf version at just over a £100. Toying with that or a putting mat for my isolation time.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I tried a couple of them as one of our pros had a set. Liked the lightest one and thought it would be a good walm-up tool but as you had to buy all three they were prohibitivly expensive. Just didn't think I could do the daily exercises as the "system" requires.

In the end a got hold of a couple of old driver shafts and added weights to the bottom. Whilst I appreciate these are not the same they do enough of the job to be worthwhile for me.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes it is fairly expensive but its cheaper than the latest drivers that some people will buy every year or so. If the potential speed improvements of 5mph+ that I have heard about are true then its got to be an investment worth considering.
You definitely need an extra 5 mph Andy.;)

How are you ? Back at Ferndown ?

Springveldt

Visit site

I have read a bit about pros using them but am interested to hear about any forum members experiences.

Pros - They work really well. I went from around 98mph to 104mph with my driver after 8 weeks. Also a decent workout, you'd be surprised how out of breath you get when you are swinging as hard as you can.

Negatives - don't do it during the season, it knocks your timing out and you will spray the ball all over the place. Also, quite a few people seem to get injured using them.

They aren't cheap but they do work, you will definitely be swinging faster after 8 weeks. Whether you can keep the ball on the planet is another thing though.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Be better golf on YouTube did a good few vids on this.

Springveldt

Visit site
Surely any fast swinging exercise that a golfer does for 8 weeks will increase their speed?
Anyone could do this with just a normal club really.
Maybe but there have been studies that prove the method of super speed (the different weights) definitely works.
I guess you could try swinging your driver as hard as you can for 8 weeks and see if it works or not.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Pros - They work really well. I went from around 98mph to 104mph with my driver after 8 weeks. Also a decent workout, you'd be surprised how out of breath you get when you are swinging as hard as you can.

Negatives - don't do it during the season, it knocks your timing out and you will spray the ball all over the place. Also, quite a few people seem to get injured using them.

They aren't cheap but they do work, you will definitely be swinging faster after 8 weeks. Whether you can keep the ball on the planet is another thing though.

all of this seconded. It all honestly it all boils down to core strength and movement. Even superspeed recommend improvements in these areas for some before use. I went for superspeed as there seamed a bit more science in their marketing. I would highly recommend giving birdietimetv app a go for a month first as they cover some great core movement and speed drills.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reviving this old thread. Just started doing this recently, shoulda done it during early lockdown, I suppose. The principle seems straightforward enough and logical. Saw some stuff on My Golf Spy suggesting that most people do show results. It probably works on several levels, some muscle training but also seeding the idea that you can, and should, make a faster pass at the ball.

Any other recent adopters?