Sunny South Coast

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I must admit it's a bit cold and wet and the minute.

But thats cool we shall have to sort something in the summer, I'll have baby number two by then so sleep deprovation could be a good excuse ;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Went down to Bournemouth for a couple of games one week-end, played Queens and Isle of Purbeck. Queens was OK course but I seem to remember it took ages to get round, whereas Purbeck was golfing heaven!!
I would love to go back and have another knock around there.
I don't know how far away Liphook is from you but that is supposed to be a superb track. Have also played Romsey a few times which is quite a nice course too, although not overly long. I would certainly be up for a trip down sometime during the Spring/Summer.
Rob

chipping

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,
Played Isle Of Purbeck last year for the 1st time, wanted to play there for the last 20 years, loved the course,stunning views,wicked heather.
Count me in would love to play anywhere along the south coast,spring or summmer would be better.
Chipping.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I am down on the South Coast close to Bournemouth, anyone fancy a game sometime?

Harry - I'm just the other side of Poole, and play at Canford Magna. Whereabouts do you play your golf? There's a few more along the Devon/Dorset/Hampshire area on here now, so I'm sure the summer might bring us some opportunities.

Several of the courses mentioned are goodies, but to be honest I tend to avoid Queens and Meyrick now because there is just too much public access.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm up anywhere along the M3 from Bracknell down to the south coast. I know what you mean about public access at Queens etc. Trouble is they have right of way an know it so deliberately get in the way.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Yep. I'm a year round kinda guy, and play at East Horton near Southampton. So not far away at all. We often have a space on our Saturday game, so if anyone wants to join in, please drop me a line.

Sorry not a hijack, but I'd also go to B'mth / Poole as I have family down there as well.

Good to see a few more on here from central southern blighty.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I am down near Portsmouth so would be up for a game some time. Need a bit of notice due to working strange hours.

Cheers

Midnight...

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am down on the South Coast close to Bournemouth, anyone fancy a game sometime?

Harry - I'm just the other side of Poole, and play at Canford Magna. Whereabouts do you play your golf? There's a few more along the Devon/Dorset/Hampshire area on here now, so I'm sure the summer might bring us some opportunities.

Several of the courses mentioned are goodies, but to be honest I tend to avoid Queens and Meyrick now because there is just too much public access.

I play at Barton-on-Sea, my Dad is a member, and as I'm just getting back into it. I get out with him when I can.

I work 5 miles from Canford Magna but have never played there :eek:. Are you a member?

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Harry - Love Barton on Sea, have played it several times. Especially standing on the balcony watching people playing the par 3 into that island green...it messes with their heads! :)

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We will have to sort out a game then Canford PM me and we shall see what we can do.

I would like to give Canford a try at some point also.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Gents

Just noticed this post. I'm in bournemouth also. I'd be well up for a game or two when the days get longer. I've got a 8 month old so weekends are more difficult.

I've played all the courses mentioned, except Barton which is on my list. Isle of Purbeck is by far and away my favourite, it just takes ages to get there if the ferry is out !

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice to have another Seasider on board.

As you say as the days get longer we might get a game in, where is your home course?

My mini me number 2 is due in may so it might get a bit difficult then for a wee while.