Sunningdale 2025

JT.

Visit site
So have got the details for a day at Sunningdale next year, which as previously discussed I’m happy to organise as a Forum meet.

The day would be
- Breakfast
- 18 holes on one course
- Lunch
- 18 holes on the other course
- Afternoon tea

Date is 3rd June 2025

Cost would be £500 - to include a small prize fund (prob top 3 on each course and a couple of nearest the pin / longest drives on each, or similar)

£250 would be payable by the end of October with the balance due in April next year.

Numbers are currently fixed at 24 (no more, no less!) as the club is hosting the senior open next year, so has reduced capacity for golf days.

Places will ultimately be confirmed with the £250, which will be non refundable. Whilst I’m happy to hold a reserve list if oversubscribed, it will be the individuals responsibility to find a replacement if they need to withdraw and the reserves decline to take the place up.

Happy to start the list to see if there’s enough interest to make it viable. I suggest just forum members for now given the limited numbers, will open up to guests next week if we need more to get over the line (might be useful to give an indication of potential guest numbers though?):

1. JT (+5 guests if needed)

The Lion

Visit site
Would love to come, but it’s an eye-watering sum so not sure I’ll be able to afford it. Will have to see.

If there was a different breakdown in payments it would be easier.

In the end I didn’t get around to calling them this year. After much discussion with those in the know, it just felt like too much hassle in a short timeframe.

JT.

Visit site
Agree it’s a chunk of cash - good value for the catering and courses though.

Let us not forget that both 18s are quite rightly in the top 10 of the Golf Monthly ranking for GB&I. The food on the day is excellent too.

The breakdown in payments is set by the club, who want a 50% deposit to secure the booking.

Given the relatively short timeframe I have to get this off the ground, if there’s no traction by the middle of next week I suspect I’ll call time on it.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Would love to come, but it’s an eye-watering sum so not sure I’ll be able to afford it. Will have to see.

If there was a different breakdown in payments it would be easier.

In the end I didn’t get around to calling them this year. After much discussion with those in the know, it just felt like too much hassle in a short timeframe.
A monkey over 7months is only £72 per month.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm dithering on this. Played there several times. Amazing place to play. I'm currently prioritising places I've not been.

If you've not been, sell a kidney and play it. You will not regret it and it's not going to get any cheaper!
This. The carvery itself is something special and I could play the old course and never get board. Such a wonderful layout that will test anyone