Sunice Gore-Tex Waterproofs

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking into new waterproofs and the Sunice Gore-Tex range is firmly on the radar.

My old boy has a Sunice jacket and rates it highly.

Does anybody have experience with Sunice wet weather gear?

How are they size wise?

Any quality issues?

Would love to hear the thoughts you good people have on Sunice waterproofs :thup:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gaz, I have a Sunice Albany jacket and Karumba trousers and they are superb. Fit wise pretty much spot on and the quality is high.

Goretex is goretex pretty much regrdless of who mkes the jacket and you get the same warranty on it as you do with GG or Adidas etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Sunice windproof top and it is excellent. A good, comfortable, quiet top that I really like and would recommend. The sizing is fine, not excessively big or small. I don't know about the waterproofing ability but if it has Goretex then that is usually a mark of excellence.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bought a couple of sleeveless rain jackets in large. they are pretty big fitting. could easily have gone medium.

Quality is very good.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far guys :thup:

With regards to the sizing, I have a 44"-45" chest so puts me at the top end of a large, borderline XL.

Ill have to to try my old boys coat on to see how it fits.

If they are generous fitting, I may get away with a large, like my Proquip. I don't want it to be restrictive though when I could get an XL.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have a pair of the trousers. They have the open type pockets that allow you access to your normal trouser pockets underneath. Water gets in there for fun and you end up soaked so check carefully before buying. I changed to a pair of GG which are superb.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a pair of the trousers. They have the open type pockets that allow you access to your normal trouser pockets underneath. Water gets in there for fun and you end up soaked so check carefully before buying. I changed to a pair of GG which are superb.

Thanks for the warning D4S :thup:

I'll certainly consider that (...Now that I know! ) when looking at troo's.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Trousers I have the pockets are zipped and taped. Never an issue with water getting in.

I bought mine about 5yrs ago, hopefully they have corrected the design flaw but worth checking anyway as they may do more than 1 model.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a new jacket from a shop on ebay for £30 (he had about 6 of them, as a clearance line).

3 months later I bought a pair of kecks for £30.

£60 for a full suit - happy days.

I havent tried the kecks yet, but the jacket has been spot on, although never played in a storm yet.

Maybe sunice are lucky - put a price on that.;) If Napoleon would have had lucky waterproofs instead of lucky generals, he could of stayed in Russia for a bit longer?:thup:

Canmore

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a SunIce waterproof jacket (not GORETEX) and it is super light, easy to swing and waterproof. It has great elastic cuffs as well as velcro fastenings preventing water dripping into your sleeves. A nice touch is the ball cleaning cloth attached to the inside of the pocket

I also have a short sleeve waterproof top, and that has been great to wear this winter to keep out the cold and wind

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies :thup:

I'll hopefully be pulling the trigger tonight on a jacket and troos.

Can anyone confirm that all Gore-Tex material products carry a life time warranty?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive got a waterproof jacket that i got about 9 years ago, use it just to walk the dogs now as both the zips on the pockets broke.

sizes came up on the big size my XL is way too big for me and I'm a big chap... where as the GG XXL is just about right.

I don't thing you will go far wrong with Sunice. its also worth looking at Zero restriction which is the US version of GG. our pro shops stocks these and it was way cheaper than GG for the gortex, though they did have some trousers that were £300!!!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive got a waterproof jacket that i got about 9 years ago, use it just to walk the dogs now as both the zips on the pockets broke.

sizes came up on the big size my XL is way too big for me and I'm a big chap... where as the GG XXL is just about right.

I don't thing you will go far wrong with Sunice. its also worth looking at Zero restriction which is the US version of GG. our pro shops stocks these and it was way cheaper than GG for the gortex, though they did have some trousers that were £300!!!

Interesting point you make about the sizing Patrick.

My old biy has a 2XL jacket and that wasn't overly big when I tried it on. A bit baggy in the arms and around the wait granted.

My chest measurement is 44"/45" which puts me at the top end of the large sizing (According to their size chart).

If I'm at the top end of a large, I'm tempted to go XL just for a little more room.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
That was my experience, a Large size should be right for you - certainly not XL. I am a similar chest size and i fitted (just) into a Medium jacket.

This is currently my dilemma. L or XL.

I won't have the chance to try before I buy so to speak.

As I say. My old boys 2XL wasn't mahoosive on me. Just baggy in the arms and around the waist.

Decision to make :mmm: