Summers Here At Last

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope you were all out playing this weekend. I wasn't. Were on our jollies darn sarf. I could only look on over the course right near where we are and sigh, we are not playing until Wednesday. It looked immaculate. Although they have had lots of soil tipped on the course, fairly recently I'd guess, creating ridges around the course and through the course. Still, it lovely to walk about in shorts and suncream, and top up with nature's vitamin D. The course should be bone dry by Wednesday so long drives into deep rough could be happening. I can't wait.
Ps I'm fighting off the wife's cold with whiskey. That's quite enjoyable.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Opposite for me. We're in the grip of winter and even got rained off after 9 yesterday :(

Enjoy the sun guys

D

Deleted member 3432

Though reports I have from the south Lakes is that consistent heavy rain is in short supply, and has been for some months. Plenty of dreich drizzle but nothing to top up stream-fed water tanks.

More the fact temps are barely reaching low teens together with windy weather meaning it's very cool.

Still damp enough that Silloth is looking more parkland than links coloured at present.

No danger of any drought, that's for certain.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely on the south coast yesterday. Not looking good for this weekend though, Saturday at St Mellion and Sunday at China Fleet. Hopefully Friday at Dartmouth will be dry.

D

Deleted member 29109

It’s been lovely and warm here in East Anglia for a while now. We could actually do with more rain.

Bloody windy though.

Springveldt

Visit site
And the North East, although we've been wearing shorts since Easter....eternal optimist.
Some of the lads at my place never stop wearing them even in the depths of winter.

Still no sign of summer in the north east, I think we should have a new season called "Windy". Can't remember the last time I played in anything less than a 20mph wind.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live in Somerset and play in Dorset not shorts whether for me in the main. I even had a jumper on late this morning for the opening few holes.

It has got to be over 20 degrees for me for shorts and it was only 17 today.

My brother on the other hand wear shorts all year round regardless of the temp.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm currently on the coast, west of Aberdaron. Wind has died down and its really decent. Walked round Abersoch today. What a smashing place that is!
Yep. Summer is here!

Abersoch is a great little place, had a caravan there for a few years, and never played golf in that area. Something I need to put right at some point in the future.

sunshine

Visit site
I live in Somerset and play in Dorset not shorts whether for me in the main. I even had a jumper on late this morning for the opening few holes.

It has got to be over 20 degrees for me for shorts and it was only 17 today.

My brother on the other hand wear shorts all year round regardless of the temp.

I have the same threshold for shorts, but it’s been over 20 degrees for ages in Hertfordshire and I can’t remember the last time I needed to wear a jumper. I don’t play early morning so that could be a factor.