Summers Here At Last

RRidges

Visit site
Been shorts for some time over here...Mid 90sF on the golf course (Kansas City) this afternoon, so only 9 holes.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope you were all out playing this weekend. I wasn't. Were on our jollies darn sarf. I could only look on over the course right near where we are and sigh, we are not playing until Wednesday. It looked immaculate. Although they have had lots of soil tipped on the course, fairly recently I'd guess, creating ridges around the course and through the course. Still, it lovely to walk about in shorts and suncream, and top up with nature's vitamin D. The course should be bone dry by Wednesday so long drives into deep rough could be happening. I can't wait.
Ps I'm fighting off the wife's cold with whiskey. That's quite enjoyable.
WTF is whiskey :eek:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the same threshold for shorts, but it’s been over 20 degrees for ages in Hertfordshire and I can’t remember the last time I needed to wear a jumper. I don’t play early morning so that could be a factor.

Having lived in Surrey (and my wife lived in Welwyn) one of the things I have noticed over the years in Somerset /Dorset is that it is generally cooler here in the summer and warmer in the winter.

I remember one year with an early June holiday in Minehead the first thing we had to do on arrival was to go out and buy the kids some track suits because we had only taken summer clothing for them.