Stupid question requiring a stupid answer

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
Simple question which might sound very stupid:

Is a 'regular' steel shaft the same as a 'regular' graphite shaft?

I'm assuming not.

I'm asking because I've just got back from a break with my OH's family, who live out on a golf resort in Cyprus. I borrowed a seat of their clubs for a knockaround and felt like crying: I couldn't hit anything to save my life.

I play a set of regular steel Yonex VMXs but was using their Cobra Gravity-Backed graphite-shafted irons. Literally, I couldn't hit anything without shanking it to the right. In fact - to tell a lie - the only club I could actually hit was the SW, and that required me to roll my wrists at release.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Simple question which might sound very stupid:

Is a 'regular' steel shaft the same as a 'regular' graphite shaft?

I'm assuming not.

I'm asking because I've just got back from a break with my OH's family, who live out on a golf resort in Cyprus. I borrowed a seat of their clubs for a knockaround and felt like crying: I couldn't hit anything to save my life.

I play a set of regular steel Yonex VMXs but was using their Cobra Gravity-Backed graphite-shafted irons. Literally, I couldn't hit anything without shanking it to the right. In fact - to tell a lie - the only club I could actually hit was the SW, and that required me to roll my wrists at release.

Arghh, the 2,506 dollar question.

t.b.h. I don't think the shafts would mess you up that much, more likely the whole club!!