Stupid injuries

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Stepped off the teeing ground (edged with kerb stones) and managed to twist the ankle (same injury Rory had) kept me off the course for 2 weeks

Moral learned was you still gotta concentrate on what you're doing when, more than a bit pee'd off, you go back to the bag for another ball to re-load with :cry:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hurt my back a few years ago. Never been the same since. It'll be fine for a while then out of nowhere it'll start giving me problems again. Off to see the Chiropractor again tomorrow :(

And I injured it in the most innocuous way. I was sitting on the settee watching TV, leaned forward to pick up a can of coke and suddenly sneezed. Felt a massive rip in my lower back. As I say, never been the same since.
Well they say Coke is very dangerous.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We all do it - hindsight is wonderful. Don't try and get back swinging too quick!

Did exactly that. Went to the range yesterday and hit 50 balls. Had the odd twinge, but nothing too bad. So went out for a game this morning. After 4 holes, could feel my back starting to play up. After 6, could feel it on every shot. Lasted till 9 but had to come off and leave the rest of the lads to it.

Have cancelled tomorrow's game, and have got serious doubts about being able to play on Sunday.

Like you say, hindsight's a wonderful thing ...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s quite simple
Our friend Fundy is made from Balsa wood, if it can be torn, pulled, or stretched, he has probably torn, pulled or stretched it at some point in time.

Sort of like Jack Wilshire, but not as good 😂😂👍😬

how i wish this wasnt true lol, had to get the crutches out again yesterday sigh

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I teed up in a comp once and decided to take a long iron off the tee for safety on the 1st, was dry so running well.

So dry in fact that the ground was a little loose, cue a lump flying up into my eye. Washed it out from my water bottle but after the round it was itchy so still had to go to the nurse at the local surgery to get it cleaned and some meds to prevent infection.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went skiing last week.
Had a big crash and knocked myself out.
Came to with a sore head, shoulders and a sharp pain on the top of my foot.
I now have a bony lump sticking up from my foot about the size of a marble, halfway between my big toe joint and my ankle.
Press it and it hurts like hell, don't press it and I don't notice it.
It doesn't hurt whilst walking or playing golf ................................ but it won't go away!
Weird.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had back problems on and of for years but thankfully its been no too bad recently, until yesterday that is, now it's aching :mad:.
I'm playing in a 4 man scramble at Barassie GC tomorrow, gonna be a struggle :eek:.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How did you manage to do that. Take it easy pal and don't fret about the longer nights. Plenty of time to get out after work and it's going to be much colder and miserable next week. How long do you think you'll be out for

Been landscaping the garden and went over on it yesterday :( pretty much carbon copy of how i did the other one a few years ago when carrying bags of gravel :( Youd think id learn haha

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I had physio for a partial tear in the ligament in my left shoulder and now have a trapped nerve in the same shoulder