Stroke Index

wjemather

Visit site
The new USGA rating system was not being used in 2016. A few courses may have been rated in late summer 2017 but my teams didn't start our county until spring 2018. Your course would have been rated under the old EGU system. Hole by hole rating data would no longer be relevant and there was no concept of bogey rating and slope. Your old SSS would be used as the CR until Nov 1 and you will now have 'dummy' values assigned
I've had the full lowdown on our ratings from a member of the rating advisors group. We have valid (non-dummy) ratings from July 2016; they are not equal to SSS/125 (except for our winter tees, which were overlooked for re-rating at the time). Changes to the rating system since 2016 were/still are the root of many of our outstanding WHS issues.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had the full lowdown on our ratings from a member of the rating advisors group. We have valid (non-dummy) ratings from July 2016; they are not equal to SSS/125 (except for our winter tees, which were overlooked for re-rating at the time). Changes to the rating system since 2016 were/still are the root of many of our outstanding WHS issues.
My apologies, looking back in my files I found we started USGA Rating in 2014. Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying your self trudging round a golf course without a club in your hand.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are planning to. Unfortunately it would seem that England Golf do not make the individual hole rating data (as required if following the guidance in the Rules of Handicapping) available (or simply haven't retained it) so we'll just have to go by historical scoring averages as a rough guide (as suggested by our county handicap advisor). Go figure.

As we are due re-rating this year, we have delayed until then in the hope that we can get the detail out of the rating team.
Following Appendix E, we got our Scratch & Bogey values from the past 2year's Q-rounds of golf on our V1 Software. For scratch we used H/cap -5 to 5. For bogey used H/cap 18 to 22. We did it separately for the White & Yellow Tees with very different results for the majority of the holes. The question will be whether to use White or Yellow Tees on which to base the SI's or to have separate one's for each on the card.