striking the ball

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks for that but how many on these pages in the friendly banter we all use when playing have said "TAKE YOUR TIME" or "i would hit another ball" is there no leeway for this as opposed to say helping to line a putt up or telling your opponent what club/distance you have?

Suggesting to a fellow competitor that it would be a good idea to play a provisional ball is not giving advice. It is in everyone's interests to encourage the use of a PB so as not to hold up play by having someone come back to play from where he had previously played.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Suggesting to a fellow competitor that it would be a good idea to play a provisional ball is not giving advice. It is in everyone's interests to encourage the use of a PB so as not to hold up play by having someone come back to play from where he had previously played.
i was not referring to playing a pb i was referring to playing in a comp in a nice friendly manner plenty of good banter,player A hits a putt and it lips out and moves to tap in his ball,player B sensing player A is not taking the put seriously and has a chance to miss says "take your time" said thousands of times by golfers every week by the rules player B should be penalised.stupid rule!

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you weren't referring to playing a provisional ball, what did these words I put in bold type - "or, I would hit another ball" - mean, if not a suggestion to play a provisional?