Stock synchronisation error...

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ordered some spikeless Ecco golf shoes in the sale on the 27th from clubhousegolf, got an email today saying...

Unfortunately, we have had a stock synchronisation error which has caused a certain item(s) to be out of stock. We have spoken with the supplier to locate more stock for your order. However, they have fully sold out of the product(s).

Not impressed, how can this happen with electronic stock systems? Paid on paypal, option to cancel or choose alternative shoes.

Anyone else had this over the Christmas period?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I had this with some Ski gear I bought, a jacket that appeared too good to be true.... they called me to say there had been a "stock discrepancy", and would I like 10% off something different - it’s a sales ploy IMO, very frustrating, I took my business elsewhere.

dronfield

Visit site
Ordered some spikeless Ecco golf shoes in the sale on the 27th from clubhousegolf, got an email today saying...

Unfortunately, we have had a stock synchronisation error which has caused a certain item(s) to be out of stock. We have spoken with the supplier to locate more stock for your order. However, they have fully sold out of the product(s).

Not impressed, how can this happen with electronic stock systems? Paid on paypal, option to cancel or choose alternative shoes.

Anyone else had this over the Christmas period?

Thats interesting - i ordered some Puma shoes from them on 30th and whilst i did receive confirmation email, have heard nothing since, ie notice of despatch.
Suspect i may receive a similar email re out of stock - think will contact them for an update.

A similar thing happened once when i ordered a shirt from AG - received an email 2 days later advising someone else had purchased their last one, which i wondered how this could happen online with instant stock monitoring?

Rich

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I had something similar from another golf company ordering some trousers through ebay. Order was apparently successful until I received a mail saying a computer error meant my size was in fact unavailable. The retailer refunded me straight away.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Stuff can happen. A computer only knows what data has been input, and if a box is not in location the computer allows the system to sell it, but a picker can’t find it. It’s usually only happening late in a season when stock is low that discrepancies surface, so likely during sale. Not everything is a ploy.