Still got that horrid slice

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
Been trying hard to get rid of my slice over the last few weeks, went golf on saturday last week and only had 2 balls all game that sliced off the tee OOB on the same hole, lol. 3rd ball went straight as an arrow.

I went to the range today and took a video, i noticed from looking at it my feet are pointing right and my body is where i want it to go. Can anyone else see anything major.
I have been trying to get my right leg kicked in before impact and to square the clubhead at impact but obviously something is wrong :(

Here is the video of a bad swing, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UaNsVHDrJ0

Slow motion Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JG88RJABo
Kind Regards
Ian

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are coming over the top very slightly. The club is on a out to in swing plane at impact causing the ball to spin off to the right.

At the top of your backswing your arms need to start the downswing. Even a small amount of shoulder turn at this point will ruin the club line. Try to attack the ball from more of an inside path and continue to swing the club towards the target line for as long as possible. You want a high finish to the swing.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with sawtooth, out to in is the big problem. I suspect that is partly because of the over the top motion probably caused by starting down with the shoulders rather than the lower body. Starting down properly with the lower body helps drop the club into a lower plane for the downswing and leads to an inside swing path.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love the slow mo video.To me it looks like your really trying to hold your balance at the end,so try setting up with your weight more evenly distributed on the balls of your feet not your toes or heels.

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks for the comments, so i need to start the downswing with my lowerbody starting to unwind then let the shoulders follow?

I try to keep balance and keep my weight on the balls of my feet at address, i should really practice in my shoes not trainers too.

Kind Regards
Ian

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing that worked for me, but sadly only for a month or two, was to drop the club down into the slot and then hit the ball by turning my body (hips mainly).

I hit draws for a while (a long way too). I just don't know where the feeling went?

I can elaborate if it helps.