Stealth HD Driver upright setting ?

mikeb4

Head Pro
Visit site
Please help, what does the UPRIGHT setting in a Stealth HD Driver do ? I guess it make the club sit more
Upright? Does it change the loft ? Does it close the face more ?

I have googled trying to get an definitive answer but to no avail

Cheers

Smoj

Visit site
I use a Stealth HD, and all my adjustable TM woods are in the upright position, I can hit my woods perfectly straight, but my driver as always is all over the place..

I thought in upright it takes the left miss out of the equation... I do know though, that I can still hit a super fade shot with a draw bias driver in the upright position. 😅

Smoj

Visit site
As you are turning the shaft 180 degrees I would say it cannot change the loft or face angle.
Nytt%20projekt%20(24)(1).jpg

correct, to change the loft and face angle that's when you need to start looking at the loft sleeve chart to dial in what you want.

I had to go from 2 clicks higher (10.5) on upright down to 1 click higher (9.75), to compensate from a low-launching shaft to a mid-launching shaft the other week, worked out well, in fact, I could probably go down to standard and get a few more yards imo.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use a Stealth HD, and all my adjustable TM woods are in the upright position, I can hit my woods perfectly straight, but my driver as always is all over the place..

I thought in upright it takes the left miss out of the equation... I do know though, that I can still hit a super fade shot with a draw bias driver in the upright position. 😅
I'm sure a flat setting (on Ping) promotes a fade so upright "should" be the opposite.

Smoj

Visit site
I'm sure a flat setting (on Ping) promotes a fade so upright "should" be the opposite.
so, a draw bias driver head (Stealth HD in this case - and I guess any Ping SFT head) in an upright setting should strengthen the draw bias even more so, than in a standard setting?