Started Pulling the ball?

gazr99

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Throughout the years when I have been playing golf with my driver/fairway woods I have had a natural fade/slice.

However recently I have started pulling the ball, what could the cause of this be?

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Throughout the years when I have been playing golf with my driver/fairway woods I have had a natural fade/slice.

However recently I have started pulling the ball, what could the cause of this be?
I have the same problem if my arms overtake my body, also too strong a grip will send the ball into a hook

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm with Bob.

If you you've always been a fader and now hit a pull, your club face position at impact is more matched to your swing path as opposed to open (Fade).

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
are you now hitting consistent pulls (start left stay straight left) with every club in the bag?

have you been working on any changes to grip, set up or swing of late?

if you haven't been working to do anything different, check your ball position hasn't crept a little ways further forwards in the stance.

gazr99

Assistant Pro
Visit site
are you now hitting consistent pulls (start left stay straight left) with every club in the bag?

have you been working on any changes to grip, set up or swing of late?

if you haven't been working to do anything different, check your ball position hasn't crept a little ways further forwards in the stance.

Haven't made a concerted effort to change anything. To be honest they're a mix some are straight pulls every now and then a hook.

Think you maybe on to something with ball positioning, as I do struggle with that a bit at times

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
as you getting a mix of flight direction going on would check you not swaying laterally trailside on the move away.

best ways to monitor your ball position is to from first off, aim the face (leading edge) at 90º to your target line with your feet close up together simpler to check it starts in the middle.

a ways easier then to get your stance with the ball more consistently where you'd want it to be.
by taking a step away with the left first then right foot.
with a driver you'd not really move the left at all but move the right trailside to get the stance width. with a wedge you'd more take equal moves with the feet to keep ball more center. longer irons smaller move with the left foot etc.

worth checking you not addressing the ball with the 'toe' of the club good ways up so hands a ways low as then the 'loft' of the club is 'looking' left, plus it's a ways easy to hood the face some.