St.Mellion

Driverman

Hacker
Visit site
Just spent a week in Cornwall playing golf at St.Mellion and what a magnificent and extremely difficult course the Nicklaus course is. As an 18 handicapper, the best I could come up with was 101 and I struck the ball as well as I could but theres no relenting down there - we now call it 'The Beast'. Would be interested to hear if any of you have played it and if you would share your opinions and experiences.

greengiant

www.clubmurcia.com
Hi Driverman,
A couple of us almost booked ourselves in to stay in a local holiday chalet and play at St Mellion at Christmas, but unfortunately something else cropped up.

Would you recommend it at that time of year? For example, are there good facilities such as bars and restaurants and anywhere nearby where a group of golfers can have a laugh - aside from the golf that is! ;)

NEWQUAYTR7

Hacker
Visit site
North Cornwall has some of the best links courses, trevose, newquay etc Dennis Thatcher was a member of Trevose & liked the odd? g&t. As for restaurants get yourself down to Newquay & Ye olde Dolphin a tradional english restaurant with their own fishing boat, seafood is the dogs.