St Andrews/Dundee - March

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am staying in Anstruther for a weekend in the middle of March

Is there anyone local to the area who can advise me of any courses which will not be playing from fairway mats at that point?

I have played the majority of courses in the St Andrews area (Jubilee, Castle, Dukes, Fairmont, Old Course, New Course) and was looking at Ladybank and possible one other on this visit in either St Andrews or Dundee.

Any recommendations for courses we can play without playing off mats will be appreciated

D

Deleted member 17920

Try Leven links, can’t see them been on mats. Decent course as well.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Try Leven links, can’t see them been on mats. Decent course as well.
They were on mats even in the rough last time I played there. Not sure where no mat s would be in play around there it's very common now

probably better to contact the clubs you are thinking off with the date you are planning. if the weather continues you never know some clubs might be coming off mats early, we did the year before last as there was growth.

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site
You'd be better off playing with mats than Leven's fairways, scabiest fairways I've ever seen. Try Lundin Links, beautiful course. Coming off of mats tends to be weather related, if there is growth courses will start coming off them in March.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
St. Andrews links have had mats off at their courses from Friday. All except the Old Course.

Played the New Course Monday and Tuesday without Mats.