Srixon Ball fitting results - surprising stuff

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I booked myself in for a fitting at my local range yesterday and was both impressed and surprised by the results

My normal ball of late has been the Callaway Supersoft. To be honest i really like it. Nice feel and goes great guns of the tee. A nice little bonus is that the are sub £20 a box, or super cheap if you buy them from lake balls.

I hit five 6 iron shots with the callaway then with the Z Stars.

My first instinct was to assume that the fitter would try and flog me the premium ball, but it was obvious looking at the Data (GC2) the Callaway was seriously outperforming it.

So he then cracked open a new box of the AD333 tour balls. I have heard nothing but good things about these balls from the forum and was looking forward to giving them a blast.

The results were great and probably edged the Softfeels, but only marginally.

Then i got the Driver out. 6 shots with each and the results were pretty special.

now

I have made good strides with my swing over the last few weeks, from a combination of Lessons and some tips from fellow forums. I played pretty much the round of my life last week when it came to ball striking and my driving was pretty darn good too. However i ad slightly lapsed back into my old habits during the range session and fitting and was a bit "hooky" for want of a better word.

The reason i mention this is that with a bit more hard work i really think the numbers below will improve. Fingers crossed

Anyway

Super soft

6 iron
Ball speed -117
Side spin - 622
Backspin - 5312
Carry - 168

Driver

Ball speed -148
Side spin - 833
Backspin - 3043
Carry - 237

Ad333 Tour

6 Iron

Ball speed - 117
Side spin - 507
Backspin - 5313
Carry - 169

Driver

Ball speed - 152
Side spin - 507
Backspin - 2713
Carry - 257

Thats a huge increase in carry distance.

So even though i was not swinging particularity well, luckily i was consistently for all my shots

I bought a dozen from the guy and her threw in a cabretta leather and all weather glove. He then gave me a rather fetching Cleveland Pitch repair marker.

First class from Srixon

Great service

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Changed to the 333 tour when my club pro told me to give them a go, I remember when I first hit one with the driver it did seem to fly off the face compared to the bridgestones I was using.

Took a little while to get used to them putting but have used them ever since, lovely ball.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Changed to the 333 tour when my club pro told me to give them a go, I remember when I first hit one with the driver it did seem to fly off the face compared to the bridgestones I was using.

Took a little while to get used to them putting but have used them ever since, lovely ball.

Im out on Monday.

Will give them a bash.

Quite looking forward to it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The belfry had a titleist fitting a while ago. I use nxt tour s but i told the fitter I'm a srixon ad333 tour user. after extensive testing with both manufacturers balls. surprise, surprise the ball with the best results where pro v1x followed closely by nxt tour.

So armed with a nxt tour i went to a srixon fitting 4 days later at another club. Guess what? They told me the ad333 tour was the ball for me.

Each time i saw the figures myself. So forgive me if I'm a little sceptical of fitting storys.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big fan of the AD333 tour but at the moment our course has firmed up (until the rain tonight) and even a Pro V was struggling to hold and so they aren't what I want to use. As a winter ball or in cold/wet conditions where I could do with a few extra yards they are superb