Spurs and Fulham matches

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Boy did i enjoy watching both those matches this weekend.

I thought the Fulham v Everton match was going to be a dull affair but i thoroughly enjoyed the second half.

Saturday was cool too, watching ManU come from behind to win and then watching Tiger break the course record.

All in all a couch potato weekend (apart from a trip to the range for a couple of hours), but it was great.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a Fulham fan the result obviously came as a great boost especially after going a goal down. Its never easy being a Fulham fan and I was grateful to get in 1-0 down at half-time. Hodgson proved what a great manager he is by getting the troops fired up for the second half and I thought we deserved our equaliser. We then rode our luck a bit (told you it wasn't easy being a fan) but what a finish from Duff to seal the points.

I watched the Spurs game in the clubhouse after members/guest day and it looked a pretty decent match although it was hard to watch with people constantly walking past etc. I actually wanted to Spurs to win to make United have to work even harder to retain their title. I think 3-1 flattered United although Rooney is bursting with confidence at the moment.

Woods looked awesome yesterday and its a good job its the end and not the start of the season. I enjoyed the golf from Germany too but gave the Walker Cup a wide berth.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I watched a bit of the Walker cup, but the picture quality was so poor it was hard going.

Enjoyed watching Del Potro blow Rafa Nadal off the court too.

Luckily I missed the Arsenal match. Don't think I would have enjoyed it much. Another incidence of very poor refereeing. how Abebarndoor stayed on the pitch I don't know.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon Adebayours kick at VanPersie was intentional and deserves all he gets just for that (i appreciate some people will disagree as per talksport this am.). Looked like there was some history there between them to me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Listening to a guy on 5live from the FA yesterday they are going to look at Adebayour "very closely" for both the kick and celebration and I think he'll get done on both counts and reckon a 2 match ban (one for each incident)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Can't see how they can do him for the celebration, he got a yellow for it, so that is it. In the past they (the FA) have always said that if the ref deals with it, then it is over.

For the RVP incident, I have been looking on youtube, and that is definately deliberate, and should be pinged. To me, a 2 match ban for deliberately kicking someone in the head is not enough. Sends out the wrong message completely.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the FA WILL do him for both regardless of whether he got booked or not.
A steward got hurt as a result of his stupid actions and clearly he went to wind the crowd up.

The other incident..... He had been "tagged" a few times with over zealous tackles from his ex team mates, which clearly wound him up.
However what he did was inexcusable. How the hell did he think he was going to get away with such a deliberate act with the intent to harm, I do not know.
A couple of inch higher and he could have blinded RVP.
I do not particularly care for him either but no one deserves to be on the receiving end of such cowardice.

I would like to think that he would get a 2 match ban for inciting the crowd.
And double that for violent conduct.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Latest estimate from SSN would be a 3 match ban for violent conduct although the FA have new powers this season to impose longer bans if they deem it necessary. I'm guessing 3 match ban for serious foul play (which is the standard for a red card for such an offence) and a one match ban for his reaction and the fact a steward got injured.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It must be one of the few time he got to celebrate infront of arsenal fans. He didnt do it much whenever he play for the mighty gunners.

I hope they throw the book at him. It's only a matter of time before some footballer gets really hurt, I'm not talking broken leg I'm talking much worse. RVP could of lost an eye on saturday. Would Mr Hughes said there was nothing in it?
It's time the FA stood up and be counted!

The stewarts should of let the Arsenal fans at him, we'd of seen how brave these footballers would be then

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know that he was stupid to run to the Arsenal end to celebrate but did the Arsenal fans have to act like a bunch of hungry monkeys at feeding time? Just goes to show the average IQ of all those involved was less than the scoreline.

justhitthething

Assistant Pro
Visit site
he should get a 2 match ban for the stamping. Absolute disgrace.
For the celebration, nothing. Fans give plenty of stick to players, then take offence when they get some back. Pathetic. The steward got hurt because of the idiots off the pitch not the one on it.

Besides anyone who can offend 10,000 cockneys at once cant be all bad ;) ;) ;)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No one mentioned RVP's celebration eh? No but plenty mention the Adeb celebration....what part of the celebration was so wrong?? He has had nothing but abuse from the Arsenal fans and saw it as the perfect opportunity to stick the 2 fingers up at them and they couldn't handle it.

If I was being subjected to chants of my mother's a working woman I'd do everything I could to get back at them...

Maybe the realisation that Arse is leading them to a 5th trophyless season was all too much for them...

By the way he meant the kick and should be pulled up for that.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Adebayor,Adebayooooooor...his dad washes elephants & his mum is a ........

To think the goons were whinging over this chant,only to sing it to a former player 2 months later,is disgraceful.

He's obviously been to Arsenal's school of tacking,too. Absolutely shocking.

They should all be put in a room with each other,like a modern day Running Man.

Absolute peach by Defoe though even if it did end up in defeat.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Jermaine Defoe is quality, the best in the country.

We were poor after the opening 5mins, very poor to be honest and we deserved to be stuffed. Harry made a grave mistake by putting the judas pikey on the left.

Re: Adebayor, his celebration was class, anything like that which upsets the gooners is great in my book.

You heard the new song Yidio? Created by a member of the yid army at the weekend it made me chuckle for sure.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jon,you're right about Keane. A left winger,he is not. If he starts there against the rent boys at the weekend,we will get stuffed again.

I wasn't there at the weekend mate,what's the new chant?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Jon,you're right about Keane. A left winger,he is not. If he starts there against the rent boys at the weekend,we will get stuffed again.

I wasn't there at the weekend mate,what's the new chant?

Adebayor, adebayooooooor, he stamped on the rapist(RVP was not taken to court and therefore innocent), and he slid on the floor!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Another classy sp*rs chant. Such wit. Don't condone the Arsenal fans using your song about Adebayor either. He is totally despicable, yes, but to use that song, poor, very poor.

Kind of think he is in trouble with the FA, and the annoying thing is, it is red faces lot who have the most to gain from a ban. How does that recompense Arsenal, when the idiot should have been sent off during the game?