Spine Tilt at Address Away from Target

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My lazy swing crept back in and noticed my shoulders are slightly open at address, and too level

The result from gripping the club and then grounding it result open shoulders

I am sure this has caused my slight pull

How do you set up at address to make sure shoulders are square and spine is tilted away from target

I am using the left hand on first and then spine tilt back away from target to put right hand on, sounds right ?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
My lazy swing crept back in and noticed my shoulders are slightly open at address, and too level

The result from gripping the club and then grounding it result open shoulders

I am sure this has caused my slight pull

How do you set up at address to make sure shoulders are square and spine is tilted away from target

I am using the left hand on first and then spine tilt back away from target to put right hand on, sounds right ?

Dunno if this will help Pal,
But my Pro has me doing this at address...I was very very borderline reverse pivoting in the backswing because my hips were a bit too level....
Now he has me getting my left hip higher at address than the right which also tilts the spine naturally away from the target a little and closes the shoulders a little....

Hope that helps.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My set up is I pick a point out ahead on the ball to line target. I then place the club behind the ball with my full grip on the club whilst at the same time ensure my weight is on the ball of my feet. I then part my feet apart as needed and adopt the stance. Providing the ball is at the right point my spine will tilt naturally.
Only on the driver do I shift my head at address to the right to promote a more upward strike.
I find that mine spine tilts naturally corresponding to where the ball position is, ie at address with driver and the ball opposite my left heal the spine tilts naturally.