spain break

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been to la Cala twice, both times in May, beautifully hot both times! Why oh why we’ve decided to go in April next year, I don’t know!

I can’t help you with other recommendations but would be interested to see suggestions myself, as I don’t think you can beat la Cala for on-site golf for the price.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
La Manga is perhaps the other notable place with multiple courses.

Personally, I'd avoid on site hotels/complexes - I get they make everything convenient but there are much better courses on the Costa Del Sol than what La Cala offers.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Been to la Cala twice, both times in May, beautifully hot both times! Why oh why we’ve decided to go in April next year, I don’t know!

I can’t help you with other recommendations but would be interested to see suggestions myself, as I don’t think you can beat la Cala for on-site golf for the price.

September / October will always be better weather than March / April in Spain - 300 days of sunshine = 65 days when it's not sunny, and these will tend to fall in that early spring period.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
September / October will always be better weather than March / April in Spain - 300 days of sunshine = 65 days when it's not sunny, and these will tend to fall in that early spring period.

Out here now on the costa brava been ridiculous the weather mid 20s all week

Would love to have had a few rounds but with a toddlers in tow not a chance my missus would let me

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Out here now on the costa brava been ridiculous the weather mid 20s all week

Would love to have had a few rounds but with a toddlers in tow not a chance my missus would let me

I'd happily go on a golf trip all the way up to and including Christmas in Spain. It will be cooler at night but during the day it's usually shorts weather - the courses will be quiet too, and the green fees great value.
Once you get into January though, it definitely feels like winter.

thomasmark71

Visit site
so its suggested to stay at a hotel and go out everyday and play a different course
going on approx £100 a round with buggy , what courseson costa del sol would be a good recommendation to play
thanks

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
so its suggested to stay at a hotel and go out everyday and play a different course
going on approx £100 a round with buggy , what courseson costa del sol would be a good recommendation to play
thanks

It will vary in peoples experiences.
Personally, I’ve always found Cabopino great value. Rio Real is good but will be more expensive. Torrequebrada always seems popular. Calanova has a fantastic clubhouse and pros shop.

I always say this on these threads, find a local booking agent and speak to them. They will know the courses, when they are doing greens maintenance etc, and which are the best value. I’ve used these guys numerous times…