Southerness 29th April

B

birdieman

Early notice but planning to play Southerness links near Dumfries on Wed 29th April 09. Am on hols that week staying in the vicinity. I hear it is a good track. Anyone fancy joining me and likely one other PM me. Probably tee off 10-11am for 1 round.
Cost £50 per round.
If anyone can advise on any other courses in Dumfries and Galloway worth visiting please let me know.
Thanks,
B'man

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try Powfoot, its near a place called Annan.
Part links part parkland, lots of gorse.
Theres a couple of ordinary holes.but on the whole a very enjoyable course.played it along with Southerness last time i was up there.
Southerness,now there is a tough course.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Good call on Powfoot,played them both as new year which was nice.

I at Southerness in june for 5 days,normally stop in the holiday park opposite,good cheap break with the missus

T

thecraw

Dumfries and county aint a bad track, more inland but worth playing and it has a fantastic pro shop.

TheChamp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi birdieman, i'm from that area so know the courses pretty well. Lochmaben is normally a good play, but they're re-doing their greens at the moment and they won't be ready for a few months so maybe leave that one for another time.

Powfoot is the obvious choice as mentioned. Dumfries and County is a tidy track, although fairly short. Dumfries and Galloway is a tougher challenge i find.

Kirkcudbright GC is a nice course and close by to Southerness. If you fancy an hour's drive - Stranraer GC is enjoyable too.

TheChamp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One other you could try is Thornhill, just a few miles outside Dumfries. It's where Andrew Coltart came from. Nice challenge.

tonecapone

Assistant Pro
www.pdgc.co.uk
Southerness is a fantastic course played it a few times now.Stayed a week in the van site next to the played it every day,Testing course could loose a lot of golf balls you will not be dissapointed in this course.Pawfoot another great course must be played while you are in that area.Wish i could make one in but going in sept for another week . :)