If you're ever down in East Kent........

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Give me a shout as I have just joined Canterbury GC.

I have played a few of the local tracks since moving down and Canterbury was the one for me. On the doorstep but also a really good track with lots of different types of holes and challenges. I have a few links courses around half an hour away, but having a course so close to home (7 minutes away) is a luxury I have never enjoyed before and I'm not sure I would want to play Links every time (I await the screams of outrage from some:whistle:)

Have joined not knowing anyone at the course, so if anyone fancies a round just PM me and I'll sign you in. Hope to play in as many comps as possible and join a swindle, so should get to know a few other members in the not too distant future. Is anyone else a member on here by chance?

Played it a few weeks back with ChrisD and a PP of his from Ashford. We all enjoyed the course and Chris managed to walk round it so although a little up and down it can't be that hilly. ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I have played a few of the local tracks since moving down and Canterbury was the one for me. On the doorstep but also a really good track with lots of different types of holes and challenges. I have a few links courses around half an hour away, but having a course so close to home (7 minutes away) is a luxury I have never enjoyed before and I'm not sure I would want to play Links every time (I await the screams of outrage from some:whistle:)

Have joined not knowing anyone at the course, so if anyone fancies a round just PM me and I'll sign you in. Hope to play in as many comps as possible and join a swindle, so should get to know a few other members in the not too distant future. Is anyone else a member on here by chance?

Played it a few weeks back with ChrisD and a PP of his from Ashford. We all enjoyed the course and Chris managed to walk round it so although a little up and down it can't be that hilly. ;)

2-3 years too late for me.

I was down there on hols a few years ago, and as well as playing Princes (twice) and Littlestone, I had a nice little twilight round at Canterbury, and enjoyed it. I think it was only £20-25, which was great value.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm there too.
Sat morning swindle is a good place to start, meet in the bar 8:30.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be down soon enough :thup:

I went to uni in Canterbury, my first hall of residence was across the road from the 2nd or third green (it's been a while)

I've chopped it round there a few times and really enjoyed it, but not for about 20 years :eek:

I'd love to go back and try and recapture my youth!!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi SpongeBob!

Great news, I will look to get down for that when I can, although won't be able to play weekends for 2-3 weeks.
Up for a game during the week after work if your around? I'll drop you a PM when I'm next looking to play. :thup:

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'll be down soon enough :thup:

I went to uni in Canterbury, my first hall of residence was across the road from the 2nd or third green (it's been a while)

I've chopped it round there a few times and really enjoyed it, but not for about 20 years :eek:

I'd love to go back and try and recapture my youth!!

Your welcome whenever you can make it, but not sure if the bar staff are up to your 'mature' liking :eek:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi SpongeBob!

Great news, I will look to get down for that when I can, although won't be able to play weekends for 2-3 weeks.
Up for a game during the week after work if your around? I'll drop you a PM when I'm next looking to play. :thup:

Happy to meet up sometime, sadly late afternoons not really on as its a real pain þ get to that time of day for me.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi,
I would love to play at canterbury gc, could we organise a game with me being your guest , it's a course that looks stunning ,
thank you in advance and kindest regards
kell Lincoln ( 8 h/cap golfer) with impeccable manors and punctuality !
07123 456789
thanks again

D

Deleted member 15344

My wife has a hockey match against Canterbury every year so may give you a shout when I go down there with her mate :thup:

Hope you enjoy your new surroundings

Looks a great course

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
lovely course, and a great bunch of lads.

once you are settled in feel free to pm me and I will pop down if at all possible.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Steady on Homer, let me get my feet under the table first before I go and invite a rabble of people imitating golfers down to hack up the course :D

:rofl: :clap:

Any Harry Colt course should be a joy to play if kept true to style! I believe they were struggling a few years ago, but got some outside management in. Not sure whether that has improved things, but it at least tends to allow the club to focus more on the course.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
:rofl: :clap:

Any Harry Colt course should be a joy to play if kept true to style! I believe they were struggling a few years ago, but got some outside management in. Not sure whether that has improved things, but it at least tends to allow the club to focus more on the course.

Well course was in a very good state when I played and they were working hard on course as well, building 2 new tees, so appear to be investing in it which is important as its the main asset to any club!

Time will tell, but think I have made a good move