Some information about a few clubs

nadiayorc

Visit site
I recently got out my old clubs from a phase where I was into golf for a while during my teenage years (I'm now 29).

I was planning on selling them but honestly I know almost nothing about golf or how to price them and most of the clubs seem like nothing too special and don't seem worth the hassle of selling and shipping on Ebay, but there were a few that caught my eye and I tried researching them but couldn't really find anything about any of them.

I would appreciate some information and possibly what kind of value they could have (if any).

I've included links to photos of them below as the images were too big for the built in attach file system

First and the most interesting looking one to me is a Dunlop Maxfli by Roberto de Vicenzo 1 Wood, not in great condition but not too awful, I was finding similar ones (but couldn't find the exact same one) selling for not bad prices on Ebay

Next is a Swilken of St Andrews 4 Wood, doesn't seem as nice as the dunlop one but it looks about as old

Not as "vintage" as the others but last is a full set (3-9, P, S) of Dunlop DDH Steelcore Bi-Metal irons in pretty good condition, only includes a photo of one but they are all similar condition

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Prepare to be disappointed, 12-15 year old Dunlop sets aren’t exactly popular these days, tbh they weren’t popular back then.
If you get £30 for the lot you’ll be doing well

Did you get them pre used?

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The Vicenzo driver dates to the 70s as does the Swilken.
The DDH irons are probably 20 odd years old and should still be playable clubs.
None have any great value.

Most will tell you to ditch them but you'd be able to enjoy a round of golf with them and scoring would not be too far away from modern clubs.

The modern driver is the club that offers the biggest advantage over old, but the Vincenzo can be used to good effect and will make you focus on the quality of your swing. The varnish has worn through in places so if you are going to play it I'd give it a couple of fresh coats.

nadiayorc

Visit site
The woods are worth £1 each and the irons £5 to £10 for the set.

Give them all to a charity shop. A passer-by might part with £10 for the lot.
I was pretty much planning on doing that with most of them, just wanted to make sure as they seemed a bit better quality/condition to me than the others I had, but good to know I don't need to put them up on Ebay as golf clubs are definitely one of the more awkward things to package well enough for that.

The Vicenzo driver dates to the 70s as does the Swilken.
The DDH irons are probably 20 odd years old and should still be playable clubs.
None have any great value.

Most will tell you to ditch them but you'd be able to enjoy a round of golf with them and scoring would not be too far away from modern clubs.

The modern driver is the club that offers the biggest advantage over old, but the Vincenzo can be used to good effect and will make you focus on the quality of your swing. The varnish has worn through in places so if you are going to play it I'd give it a couple of fresh coats.
I actually saw some of your other posts while trying to find out anything about the older clubs and hoped for your input, so thank you for the information on them. (which was mostly what I hoped to gain from the post)

I haven't played golf at all in about 15 years but I was thinking of going to the driving range at some point with some of the clubs. I also have a few modern ones, although some are childrens/womens size and may be too short for me now
Driving range technology has definitely advanced a lot since the early to mid 2000s with the ball tracking and such, my local range seems to have a trackman system these days.

Last edited: