Solheim Cup

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Catriona Matthew has been selected to replace Pettersen. Lots of experience (this will be her 9th Solheim Cup) and she has tasted victory on US soil, being part of the 2013 winning team and gaining the necessary 1/2 point to win the cup outright.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It certainly detracts from the event that something like 15 of the top 20 aren't eligible to play. I've said it before that some sort of triangular event with an Asian team added would be amazing.

Will still be great to watch though, love team golf!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I would love to see an Asian team in the womens game. Who would you have as captain? Not too many older (40+) Asian women who could fill the traditional role?

I Let me know any names as I genuinely can't remember any

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Se ri Pak seems a decent option

She's only 39!! :lol:

Found this on the LPGA site - never heard of her - she is 71 now though

'Chako Higuchi became the first player from Japan to win an LPGA major, the LPGA Championship. To date, she remains the only Japanese player to have won an LPGA major championship.'

Who knew

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
She's only 39!! :lol:

Found this on the LPGA site - never heard of her - she is 71 now though

'Chako Higuchi became the first player from Japan to win an LPGA major, the LPGA Championship. To date, she remains the only Japanese player to have won an LPGA major championship.'

Who knew

retired, hall of famer (youngest qualifier ever?), won 20+ titles including 5 majors and perceived as the catalyst for those that followed. whats in a year ;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Is Peterson injured or is she really just too embarrassed about her conduct during the last Solheim Cup and can't face the flack?

D

Deleted member 1147

Is Peterson injured or is she really just too embarrassed about her conduct during the last Solheim Cup and can't face the flack?

What is it with young Americans giving themselves putts?