So who's your money on for the Open?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was at St Georges today and if the wind blows at it did today (up to a 3 club wind) then Cabrera looks good

He spanked the ball brilliantly today and his touch around the greens was awesome

Most of the Americans dont get links golf at all, they all were throwing the chips and pitches high in the air and expecting them to stop .... well they did eventually,

Dustin Johnson was striking he ball well though

Chris

I think it's mickelsons time.

Had to have a free bet on Scott jamieson on paddy especially at 300/1 and placed up to 7th.

B

birdieman

I've gone for 4 players, £5 on each to win.
Rose, McDowell, Harrington, McIlroy.

Thought 33/1 for McDowell was a good punt given his experience of windy links. Harrington has a good chance too if the weather gets tricky.

Lammy

Visit site
I can see Padraig harrington making a come back and this year. He looks like he is finding some form. apart from the obvious Mcilroy, donald etc Jason Day could content after fiishing 2nd at the last 2 majors.

Lammy

Visit site
Also Tom Lewis for leading amateur is a good bet and everyone is talking about Gmac this week he must be in good form?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Also Tom Lewis for leading amateur is a good bet and everyone is talking about Gmac this week he must be in good form?

I've put a bit on Tom for a top 20 place. Not sure he's a good bet for best am as he is less than evens which isn't much bang for your bet.

Also have Fred andersson hed for a top 20.

banking on weather conditions favouring late starters tomorrow and early fri.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't understand betting, but if Lee W is 10/1 and I put a TOTAL of £100 on him, (is that £50 each way?) what might I get if he a) wins or b) comes top whatever it is?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
£50 ew would cost you £100 yes.

If he wins you would get £625 plus your £100 back. If he places then you would get £125 plus £50 of your stake back

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone but Westwood, If he wins a major I'll show my *rse in Woolies window. I'm going with P.Hanson. He is due a step up and it may be just his time.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
£50 ew would cost you £100 yes.

If he wins you would get £625 plus your £100 back. If he places then you would get £125 plus £50 of your stake back

Thanks, so if he placed (is it top 3?) I get £175 back after betting £100.....sounds all right. Not a massive winner, but not much of a risk I reckon.

I think Lee will be there or thereabouts. Tempting.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I've put a bit on Tom for a top 20 place. Not sure he's a good bet for best am as he is less than evens which isn't much bang for your bet.

Also have Fred andersson hed for a top 20.

banking on weather conditions favouring late starters tomorrow and early fri.

if only I could take the money now....

sadly I suspect that sunday evening will look a little less lucrative.

Great to see Tom doing well. His Father runs our local range at wgc. Will have to casually mention in conversation that I have him as my 'coach'...He's a lovely bloke.