The Open 2016 betting thread

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For me;
Rickie Fowler 25/1; He played very well in the Open a couple of years ago to come second in the same weather conditions expected for this years Open.
Brendan Steele 200/1 This fella has regular top finishes playing the worlds toughest tour and 200/1 is massive for him.
Nicolas Colsaerts 100/1 the ex ryder cup player is getting very close to winning again and why not the Open,only doubt is his sometimes wayward drives.
Patrick Reed 60/1 another ex ryder cup player who showed some great form in the Scottish Open last week,he also seems very comfortable on links tracks.
Brian Gay 500/1 backed simply cos he's a crazy price for the US tour regular who plays very neat straight golf which will suit Troon.
Paul Lawrie 250/1 not in form at the moment but theres nobody better if the weather gets really bad.
Andrew Johnston 250/1 would love to see this fella win it and he can really play winning on the European tour.

First round leader; its not unusual for one of the older experienced players to lead a major after the first round so ive gone with;
Els 80/1
Monty 140/1
VJ Singh 250/1

I was going to bet on DJ but with rain forecast for Friday,Saturday and Sunday and the fact that when the weather became bad at St Andrews last year whilst leading he seemed to lose interest so not for me.
Who are you backing guys :).