So who's your money on for the Open?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't normally bet on golf, but fancied a pop this time around. Went with PaddyPower, as they are placing the top 7.

Didn't fancy McIlroy, at 13/2. He may yet do it, but can't put any money on him at those odds.
Westwood was 10/1, Donald 11/1. Heck, even Kaymer was 40/1 and he's gone right off the rails.

Fancied Cabrera at 80/1, and Colsaerts at 150/1, for a top 7.

Porridge was 28/1, so I had to have a punt. I can always ask for it back next Friday.

So, who's your money on?

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cabrera 80/1
Yang 80/1
Anderson Hed 250/1
Havret 225/1
Hass 175/1
Larrazabal 200/1
Coetzee 200/1
Oosthuizen 100/1

Couple of quid each way on them. Never been one to put all my eggs in one basket, or have that many eggs for that matter!!
Paddy Power for me too. Top 7 and decent odds across the board, can't go wrong.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like yr picks, especially cabrera and colsearts (sp). Aside from the big names i fancy simon dyson to do well. He qualified because David Toms pulled out so will be on a high and 3 of his 4 ET wins have been on links. Plus he seems ballsy and did ok last week.

LS14

Medal Winner
Visit site
Colsaerts is looking pretty big at 30/1 for a place (1/5 of the odds). Playing well at the moment and has already proved that he isn't awestruck by playing with the big contenders.

Kuchar looks reasonable at 40s, as does Choi at 50s. If Snedeker can get a streak going then he might be worth an e/w punt too.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't care who wins it as long as it's either Lee W or Luke D, as the other 2 both have a US Open each.

Sadly, if the wind doesn't blow and the course is soft, some American could get close

T

thecraw

Lawrie e/w 200/1
Jaquelin e/w 300/1
Rose e/w 50/1
Mannasero e/w 50/1
P Hanson e/w 66/1

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
Oosthuizen 100/1 looks a very big price so had £5 each way on him. Price is far too short to back Rory so have gone for Westwood as my main bet. Plus a couple of little tickles on Fisher and Day to keep things interesting.

Francesco Molinari looks a good bet at 125/1 but have not taken him...yet

Would be happy to lose them all if it meant Garcia finally won one although Louis coming second would be very welcome

Couple of quid each way on them. Never been one to put all my eggs in one basket, or have that many eggs for that matter!!
I like the idea but new to this, I can only see top 5 on paddypower but I'd like to bet on a player who comes in the top 7 for a payout, is there a link?

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the idea but new to this, I can only see top 5 on paddypower but I'd like to bet on a player who comes in the top 7 for a payout, is there a link?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/golf/open-championship?ev_oc_grp_ids=34304

It is top 7 places when you bet in the outright winner section each way.

ahh thanks guys, so if I bet on Watson as an outright winner, £5 each way at 350-1 it would be £5x 350 + £5x 87.5 =£2187.50

if he was in top 7 it would be £5x 87.5 =£437.50

Is that correct?

What about TAX :eek:

T

thecraw

When I did my Mizuno fitting a few years back I was told that I generated very little spin. I was shown a comparison to a then Scottish international junior by the name of Scott Jamieson. That junior international was creating more spin with his 6 iron than I was with my wedges!!!!!!!

Visit site
1st day 3 balls either a lucky 15 or 31 from
Quiros 11/8
F Molinari 13/10
P Lawrie 6/4
Jaquelin 17/10

plus maybe McGuirk, i'm not sure how streelman is playing or if he's played much Links golf.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
ahh thanks guys, so if I bet on Watson as an outright winner, £5 each way at 350-1 it would be £5x 350 + £5x 87.5 =£2187.50

if he was in top 7 it would be £5x 87.5 =£437.50

Is that correct?

What about TAX :eek:

Just remember that an each way bet of £5, will cost you £10.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Garcia or Cabrera and maybe Porridge for each ways sounds a good plan. McDowell for the win now hes got the US Open win out of his system.

eltub1

Club Champion
Visit site
Rhys Davies 60/1 for a top 5 finish on betfair.

The boy grew up on the links of Royal Porthcawl, can play links, in the wind and is a great putter. (im a bit biased as im Welsh too )

Really hopes the wind blows the weekend then it could be a good run for my money...