So what are you listening to at the moment?

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bang one, he plays over the bar and messes with time constantly. Gutted I never got a chance to see him live.

I saw him a few times. Once with Skid Row (not the poodle rockers) and in his own right at Hammersmith.

He was amazing and had the tone, the chops, the touch and bags and bags of feeling in his playing; not to mention great showmanship too.

Both Gary and Rory were colossal inspiration for a kid from Belfast who wanted to be a guitar god.

So sad they both got called to the great gig in the sky far too early.:(

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was inspired by Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf on Planet Rock this afternoon to listen to Orange Goblin while cooking our curry tonight.
Got home and realised I don't have them on my Ipod, The Melvins with Maggot and Lysol was an excellent substitute, followed up by Seasons In The Abyss by Slayer for desert...yum yum.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lots of James Brown after one of my favourite drummers Clyde Stubblefield passed away recently. Clyde who? Clyde who's drum loop is the most sampled of all time and one of the grooviest people ever to have graced the earth.
Best gig I've ever been to by a million miles was Clyde and Jabo Starks (The Funky Drummers) with just guitar, bass and hammond organ at The Cluny in Newcastle a few years ago. The place was literally bouncing, got his autograph as well which sits proudly on the kitchen notice board.

RIP big man.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm feeling old, and at times like these I go back to my younger days!

Anyone remember The Marshall Tucker Band?
[video=youtube_share;J08n7CYpGUY]https://youtu.be/J08n7CYpGUY[/video]

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure you're all familiar with The Allman Brothers Band,
[video=youtube_share;vCgrxtTxTPg]https://youtu.be/vCgrxtTxTPg[/video]